External battery for Black Pearl 7"?

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a second battery for my Black Pearl 7" monitor as I find the battery life as it is, isn't great. I don't really want to just get another black pearl battery as I would prefer something that would last a bit longer.

I was thinking of getting A 3s lipo battery(something like this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8932__Turnigy_2200mAh_3S_20C_Lipo_Pack.html)
And attaching that to the back of the black pearl then powering it through the Dc in connection and cable that came with it.

Will this work or would the lipo be a good alternative power source?

I am still quite new to this so all criticism/ideas are welcome!

Thanks

Ah that's a much better solution! I'll have a look at getting one of them. Thanks!

How'd this work out for you? My battery just died out of nowhere so looking for a replacement. Not sure as to why the battery decided to die as it's less than a year old and only used about 35 times, maybe.

Any pictures of how this is mounted to your controller? Thanks in advance!

With the link I post above you can velcro it to the bottom of you controller and it should run the monitor for three hours.

I have two batteries for my black pearl and a backup in my case.

With the link I post above you can velcro it to the bottom of you controller and it should run the monitor for three hours.

I have two batteries for my black pearl and a backup in my case.

So wait I'm confused. You use or have used this? Sounds like you just use the extra batteries and not the link you posted. I just dont want to fry my monitor

So wait I'm confused. You use or have used this? Sounds like you just use the extra batteries and not the link you posted. I just dont want to fry my monitor

I have used the external battery with monitor battery still attached and no harm has come to either. When both the external and internal are on you will have to red LED's lite. Just so happens that now i have a original backup battery for the BP monitor. I can also use the external battery to hook a separate monitor for someone else to view instead of looking over my shoulder.

I have a 6800mAh version of this, 12VDC only, and it works fine to power my Viltrox DC-70 monitor if my battery runs down, the DC-70 will run on 8-18VDC so no problem. I just put it in my back pocket as I have a 48" power cable and I don't want the weight on the controller.

I don't consider 6.8oz allot of weight

Yes that will work as backup battery for the Black Pearl and that is a very good price.

What would you recommend to attach to the RC, maybe velcro? I was thinking about attaching to the bottom of the RC.

What would you recommend to attach to the RC, maybe velcro? I was thinking about attaching to the bottom of the RC.

When I use mine it is attached to the bottom of the RC.but the velcro is around the label sides and bottom. The batter itself I covered the entire backside with the hooks. The battery is only used as backup to BP battery which will run 1.5 hours normally

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj