Extension board for FW550

labmansid said:
tak004 said:
Anyone know if it exists extension board for FW550, to move gimbal further foreward?
There are several landing gear sets that will do this. I have this one that has that capability.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251273667813?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
You can also find them on Amazon.

So if I get this and now my HERO3 sits out further in the front, do I need to counter-balance in the back? I like the landing legs, I just don't care for everything else at this point but it looks very good. Does this attach to the F550 where I'm currently attaching my DJI landing "legs" skids that I currently have? Sorry for so many questions.

tak004 said:
Hi,
thx, this what I was looking for, but what is the distance from board to ground (cm) ?
Just doing a rough check, the bottom of the plate the gimbal sits under is just over 6 inches or 15.5-16cm from the floor/ground. That was without a battery mounted on the other end for compensation, it might have been tilted slightly forward because of that.

FangsCPO said:
So if I get this and now my HERO3 sits out further in the front, do I need to counter-balance in the back? I like the landing legs, I just don't care for everything else at this point but it looks very good. Does this attach to the F550 where I'm currently attaching my DJI landing "legs" skids that I currently have? Sorry for so many questions.
Ideally the battery should be mounted on the opposite plate from the gimbal on the other side of the frame for balance, but I have flown with the battery in the stock position on the back of the F550 frame with seemingly no ill effects, other than the need sometimes to apply a little bit of reverse stick compensation on takeoff.
Yes, the mounting plates use the same screw hole on the corner of the frame the stock DJI legs would use. With some longer screws, it might be possible to attach this and the stock legs instead of the ones that come with the extension rails. It is also possible you could find a different rail kit without the landing skids like this comes with for just the extension.

I like these legs, just not so thrilled with the extension and moving my battery.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl