Extending Antennas a bit longer?

Reaction score
I finally got around to putting the GS and the iOSD mini inside of my phantom, and after some alignments of the devices and removing the shell of the GS I got everything fit in.

The only issue now is the antennas are not very long and hang out a bit on though one of the vents of the phantom back sections. I'm wondering if anyone has extended these a bit? I haven't peeled the plastic off the antenna yet but im assuming its just some sort of wire??

Do not modify the length of the antennas. As this will most likely upset the works.
There is a reason they are that length.
I would prefer drilling two holes through the bottom part and poking the wire through the holes.
Being a plastic shell, there should be no problems with leaving the antenna inside as is.

Suwaneeguy said:
Do not modify the length of the antennas. As this will most likely upset the works.
There is a reason they are that length.
I would prefer drilling two holes through the bottom part and poking the wire through the holes.
Being a plastic shell, there should be no problems with leaving the antenna inside as is.

Are you sure you cant extend them, I dont see an issue with it, I know they do things for a reason the reason could be costs of wire length :) just thought I would ask..

Ill have to open then phantom back up and move the transmitter so I can try to get them to come out of the bottom..

stevet, it has nothing to do with cost.
It is a rather time consuming explanation as to why the wires are that length.
It hs to do with the wavelength of the radio frequency.
In radio terminology, a wavelength is based on meters.
So a one meter wavelength antenna is about 39 inches long.
Or one meter.
Now I know somebody's gonna come along and slap me for that and get downright technical.
I'm just trying to explain that you do not cut or add wire any ole way you want to.
if anything, double the length. at least that would keep symmetry to things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers