Extender Wifi issues

Reaction score
Hi all

I bought a used P2V from ebay last week, and for the most part it works great. I've already had a blast playing it with, and can't believe how easy it is to fly for a novice like me.

One annoyance I have though is connecting to the wifi on the range extender. Weirdly, at home or in our (small) garden it seems to work fine - I can see the Phantom SSID within 30 secs, and then can connect it no problem. But, of the 3 other locations I've also tried it in, I had problems seeing/connecting to the range extender's SSID in 2 of them.

In both cases I just powered on the RC, then the extender. Power light on the extender goes solid green, and the other LED blinks (occasionally going solid), but I just don't see the Phantom SSID appear (tried with an iPhone 5S and Lumia 630). Occasionally the SSID does appear on the iPhone, but I still can't connect to it - it just says 'connection failed'.

Does this sound like a faulty range extender, or just typical noob teething problems? FWIW, I've tried both CE and FCC modes, but this seems to make no difference. Have also read through the manual but didn't see anything I'm obviously missing.

One other question - am I right in saying that when troubleshooting the wifi connection between phone and range extender, it makes no difference whether the Phantom and camera are powered on?

thanks
Danny

Hi all

I bought a used P2V from ebay last week, and for the most part it works great. I've already had a blast playing it with, and can't believe how easy it is to fly for a novice like me.

One annoyance I have though is connecting to the wifi on the range extender. Weirdly, at home or in our (small) garden it seems to work fine - I can see the Phantom SSID within 30 secs, and then can connect it no problem. But, of the 3 other locations I've also tried it in, I had problems seeing/connecting to the range extender's SSID in 2 of them.

In both cases I just powered on the RC, then the extender. Power light on the extender goes solid green, and the other LED blinks (occasionally going solid), but I just don't see the Phantom SSID appear (tried with an iPhone 5S and Lumia 630). Occasionally the SSID does appear on the iPhone, but I still can't connect to it - it just says 'connection failed'.

Does this sound like a faulty range extender, or just typical noob teething problems? FWIW, I've tried both CE and FCC modes, but this seems to make no difference. Have also read through the manual but didn't see anything I'm obviously missing.

One other question - am I right in saying that when troubleshooting the wifi connection between phone and range extender, it makes no difference whether the Phantom and camera are powered on?

thanks
Danny
With the range extender, you are connecting to the camera. Therefore, it and the bird, and the extender need to be powered on.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm only talking about troubleshooting the connection between my phone and the range extender though. From testing this myself, it seems that the phone will connect to a working range extender whether or not the phantom and/or camera are switched on.

Unfortunately my extender definitely seems faulty though as it only broadcasts its SSID very intermittently, so eBay dispute here we come....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers