Extender Aerial Mod

Reaction score
I have done both aerials on my RE700 with 6dbi Tplink aerials, also on a New version 3 controller, I have put the same aerial.
I flew out today in clear line of site above water to 1,200 feet out and about 150 feet high and my video signal was lost, is this expected after this mod or should I have more distance before loosing the video.
Also whats the best preview setting to have as I am using a iphone 6 to fpv.

Flack

I've had mine modded so long I can't remember just what I got with just the 700 but it was way more than that Flack so something is not right .
The lower the setting will get you farther with FPV . I keep mine on 320x240 30 fps
I did try all those types of antennas to start with because of cost but never had good results. Some do .

Would adding some aerials to the bird make a difference, like the round ones I have seen in some post's.

Flack

I wouldn't till Ya get whatever is holding you back now figured out . JMO
Going in that FC200 isn't an easy task . And you can mess one up. Don't ask :eek:
What where you getting with the RE700 on it before you added those antennas .
I would try switching antennas before I went into the bird .

I wouldn't till Ya get whatever is holding you back now figured out . JMO
Going in that FC200 isn't an easy task . And you can mess one up. Don't ask :eek:
What where you getting with the RE700 on it before you added those antennas .
I would try switching antennas before I went into the bird .

Hi bud, I am not sure what I was getting before the Re700 because its only my 6th flight and thats the furthest I have ever flown it, I thought I should have got that distance with just stock RE700 antenna's.
I might try the aerials side ways as I have seen some videos on youtube, and they had them sideways not almost vertical.

Flack

Change them around like you say . I do remember with the 700 I could see farther than the 5.8 would let me go and want to say it was over 3000' so installed after trying all the rubber ducky's a 4 turn FPVLR and then would lose FPV so then modded the 700 with the same and got 5400'
Now that was without the RPG gimbal as ya lose 1 antenna when you add the gimbal .
That was before Tony started making the stage 2's with the plastic bracket and we just made our own to keep the level .
Look like this 2TX.JPG
Now looking back and knowing all I do If I was just starting I would just get an itelite panel and would look like this as it just slips on the extender
and isn't but 100 bucks hh.jpg Tony (FPVLR ) now has dipoles to match that panel and use that set up on my Standard and get over 2 miles You have already did the work on your extender so all you would have to do is slip it on and hook up the cables .
Now back to yours ...I would double check in the Extender and be sure you haven't crimped one of those cables or see if one has came off .
It happens . Ya just have to keep trying different things to get the most distance . Look in the Vision Plus antenna mods and you will see lot's more options. Is where I got my ideas :)

Thanks bud for the replies, I have just checked my extender inside and all is good, I have just ordered the ITELITE-DBS01 kit, so will fit that when it comes.
I am using this PV2 as learning process because I have a brand new P3P still in the box waiting for me to learn when I feel confident about using the PV2 and all the mods I am learning about.
Had some great footage shot yesterday on the beach here in Spain, and this was when I noticed ( the furthest I have flown) that the fpv dropped out what I thought was to soon, so hopefully the new mod will give me some more distance.
I am not after much more but would just like to have that buffer to know I can still see my video on my iphone.

Flack

Try some additional altitude. 150' isn't very high, and the 2.4Ghz is absorbed by water. Also make sure your antennas are perpendicular to the track to the bird. Radio waves radiate radially around the antenna (that was tough to type). There is a dead zone at the tip.

Agree with ya on height but water absorbs 2.4. That where most with the Pro/Adv get their best distances and that's what they are . 2.4
Ya lost me Ken .

I had read that when he posted that but I have also read here and seen the flight log shot's from those that fly for really long
distance's and it's almost all the time over water .
Sooooo
ozz.gif

I had read that when he posted that but I have also read here and seen the flight log shot's from those that fly for really long
distance's and it's almost all the time over water .
Sooooo
View attachment 37593
That may be because of the lack of obstacles between Tx and Rx. My max distances have always been at a higher altitude (385'), sometimes over water, sometimes not.

Yea LOS ya gota have and would like to try and see what I could get over water
but we don't have that much here as far as just open .
Just tree's and wet lands .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik