Extended P3 range on DJI website

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed this? [see attached]

I'm fairly sure it used to say up to 1.2 miles. Do you think they've actually extended it or just revised their predictions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 09.09.38.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 09.09.38.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 393
Hi,

We can olso now read this :

Up to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant

Is there a way to force it to be FCC compliant or to know it my P3P is FCC compliant ?

To be realistic the FCCsays to keep it in line of sight. Best I have been able to do is out at 2,225 ft and it's like a period in a sentence, very hard to see. Further than that and I would be out of compliance. Here is what they say:
Model aircraft operations are for hobby or recreational purposes only.

The FAA has partnered with several industry associations to promote Know Before You Fly, a campaign to educate the public about using unmanned aircraft safely and responsibly. Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft
The statutory parameters of a model aircraft operation are outlined in Section 336 of Public Law 112-95 (the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012) (PDF). Individuals who fly within the scope of these parameters do not require permission to operate their UAS; any flight outside these parameters (including any non-hobby, non-recreational operation) requires FAA authorization. For example, using a UAS to take photos for your personal use is recreational; using the same device to take photographs or videos for compensation or sale to another individual would be considered a non-recreational operation.

So if you can't see it you are not in compliance as far as they are concerned. Guess what, flying GS autonomously is not in compliance either. But we do it and we do it safely not over people or crowds but over water for up to 3 miles and back. Safety first!!! Plan your flights and remember.... What goes up must definately come down.... Somewhere!

Reactions: Cyclone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20