Extended Motor Mounts.

That landing gear looks really heavy--it's got over two dozen screws and other metal components :O The compass mount also isn't perpendicular to the ground.

ElGuano said:
That landing gear looks really heavy--it's got over two dozen screws and other metal components :O The compass mount also isn't perpendicular to the ground.

I got one and installed it. Haven't weighed it but it's carbon fiber and extremly light. I made a small compass bracket out of thin lexan. I really like the stability when landing in grass now. Before I seemed to try to find the shortest grass and smoothest area to land. Now thats not an issue. I think a very good upgrade.

Dtacmed said:
ElGuano said:

Haven't weighed it but it's carbon fiber and extremly light.

When you have a chance can you weigh it and report back? The stock landing gear is 48g, and my extended landing gear is 25g including compass mount, so that should give you an idea of where a good "non-folding" upgrade should fall. I've seen some landing gear "upgrades" upwards of 80-100g, which does no favors for flight time.

ElGuano said:
Dtacmed said:
ElGuano said:

Haven't weighed it but it's carbon fiber and extremly light.

When you have a chance can you weigh it and report back? The stock landing gear is 48g, and my extended landing gear is 25g including compass mount, so that should give you an idea of where a good "non-folding" upgrade should fall. I've seen some landing gear "upgrades" upwards of 80-100g, which does no favors for flight time.

I got that kit. Naked with the props removed no nuts, go pro, or battery. My Phantom 1 weighed in at 654g. The reason I bought it was to get the landing gear out of the picture and also they would have a good place to hang two batteries as soon as I make a parallel extension cable. Watch out on take-off the landing gear will get tangled in the taller grass and flip over. Now it won't fit in my caring case. I'll have to give that some more thought. As far as the compass is concerned, the back right rear leg has a plate to mount it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1