Extended leggeing gear

Reaction score
Any non-vision P2 guys try putting P2V legs on our quads?

My gimbal hates the grass and will complain loudly every time I sit her down.
I believe the vision legs are a bit longer anyone try them out?

I normally take of from my flight case and hand catch which avoids the grass problem.

Have seen an old traffic sign used and a piece of plywood used.

i was just wondering the same. got my P2.0 yesterday, flight 6 i had wind catch it and gps signal get lost from a storm cloud had to do an emergency hard landing on the road, needless to say thanks to the gimble/gopro4 being so close to the ground, i have made a trip today to best buy to buy a new Hero4 Black, and spent hours fixing the gimble.... i cant believe how low to the ground these legs are with the gear attached.

I bought the same landing gear, how did you remove the cap from the compass unit

just used a small precision phillips screw driver..

I actually just installed the P2V landing gear on my p2 tonight, but haven't calibrated and flown it yet. I had them ordered accidentally (landing gear and new compass skid). My Ibcrazy antenna would hit the ground with the regular landing gear but just fits with the extra height.

Can anyone think of ill flight effects as a result?

i've gone through many different leg types, & love these they stay out of the picture very well. I have recently lowered the gimball by 15mm so is a bit closer to the ground again now (nothing that can't be reverted back)

IMG_2273_zpsi6ggbwbh.jpg

@Reoscorpio: if the landing gear the you've just installed is the same as on the link that I posted above.. then there are no ill effects that I've encountered so far.. I just noticed that it's a little bit flexible (probably because of the size) compared to the original landing gear..

@fandango: are these rectractable? (noticed the mechanism on the leg joint) and how does it fare compared to the plastic ones?

youngstownph said:
@fandango: are these rectractable? (noticed the mechanism on the leg joint) and how does it fare compared to the plastic ones?
those ones aren't no, thats just the joint you can adjust the angle the legs are at. So far its never toppled over on landing, & even with the GoPro on wide its rare to get the legs in the shot

i did make some retractables, but didn't like the idea of having to change the receiver/transmitter to work them so gave up on it
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASvKjmuMps[/youtube]

youngstownph said:
@Reoscorpio: if the landing gear the you've just installed is the same as on the link that I posted above.. then there are no ill effects that I've encountered so far.. I just noticed that it's a little bit flexible (probably because of the size) compared to the original landing gear..

Thanks. I'm actually just using the vision plus landing gear/anti-static compass to give myself an extra half inch or so. I noticed it wobbling just a little today but will run it some more.

The compass is about a half inch further away as a result, but I've done the advanced imu calibration and compass dance and the numbers are all smack in the middle of the range.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4