Extended landing legs

Reaction score
Thinking of ordering some extended landing legs mainly for camera protection when landing on grass area, I've seen them clip on ones but not over keen would prefer the extended ones, are they pretty straight forward to fit with wires in legs and one i understand is the compass, anyone fitted these with advice please

I have the cheap black clip on ones that you see all over Ebay and Amazon. I took them off. They are very flimsy and flex like crazy when it lands. Even just the weight of the bird makes them flex out, just sitting there not running.

Attachments

• legs.jpg
    legs.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 667
For the same reasons you described, I also wanted gear extensions. The lens will land in wet grass for most of my flying.

I got these. I chose them because they were inexpensive and I have no clue if I'll like or use them much, but more because they are removable and the bird won't fit in the case I got with anything permanently installed.

0b5137079fb2f75d92d0158d2943fee0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Also perhaps consider a gimbal and camera protector - the carbon fibre ones are inexpensive and have protected my camera many times in the longer grass too.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Am I the only one that almost always just picks from the air? I've only landed once in a few dozen flights. I take off from my Pelican case and pick for the 'landing'. I rarely fly anywhere where these even remotely decent landing spots I guess?

I have the cheap black clip on ones that you see all over Ebay and Amazon. I took them off. They are very flimsy and flex like crazy when it lands. Even just the weight of the bird makes them flex out, just sitting there not running.
I have the PolarPro version of these and am quite happy with them. There is a small amount of flex with them but,
I find that to be an advantage to help with a "softer" landing. Just my 2 cents.

Am I the only one that almost always just picks from the air? [/url]

Actually that's funny, I've picked a few times and thought I was weird… I think I'll be doing that more!

I do sometimes enjoy though watching the auto landing, the technology behind watching it lower, then pause, then drop to the ground fascinates me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues