Extended landing gear Pantom 2 - suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi!
I fly phantom 2 with zenmuse and gopro hero 3+.
In extra wide and wide camera mode I often get propellers in my images - and when I use prop guards - they are in videos and photos almost all the time (specially when copter moves forward).

I decided to do some small modifications. I ordered the Zenmuse Quick Release from Shapeways. Not only it helps unmount the camera together with gimbal quickly when travelling, but it also lowers the camera some 3 centimeters under phantom's belly. So I will get a clean view without overlooking props. But to use it, I need extended landing gear - longer legs. There are on ebay plastic ones similar to original, just longer. But I also saw Simensays foldable landing gear, and some other versions of foldable legs. they usually are made of carbon fiber, so probably quite good.

My question is - does anyone here have experience with extended landing gear? and comments which legs to use? I love idea of folding them, as I often travel by plane and need to fit my phantom in a suitcase.

If you have recommendations, tips, suggestions - it will be much appreciated. many thanks! Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20