Exposure Lock for Stills Photography

Reaction score
Hi Guys
A P4 photography question from a photographer! I'd like to do a series of still images with the view of stitching them into an aerial panorama. My first attempt was very encouraging, utilising the exposure bracketing function and taking a series of shots, but after stitching it was fairly obvious that being able to lock the exposure rather than bracket, would produce a better result. I read here that it is possible to lock the exposure for video but I've not found that function for stills. Any advice from the photographers out there greatly appreciated as always ;-)
Cheers

There is a full manual mode for stills. Use it to set your exposure and ISO and the camera will remain locked on those settings.

In still camera mode, tap on the three little bars at the bottom of the camera selection. That will bring up a screen where you can change Auto to Manual and choose the exposure and ISO

Sounds too easy and looking forward to giving it a try! Many thanks for the information!

there's the exposure lock button in the app. AE with the lock icon next to it. i usually use manual mode if i'm going to be making panoramas or stitching photos together.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj