exporting help in premiere

Reaction score
i am able to watch my original videos with the gopro on my pc. But I am post editing using the warp feature, but don't know what format to export to without losing quality. I tried h.264 but could not play it on my pc or Western Digital media player. What setting and what format should I use?. I am shooting 1080 at 60 frames. Do I need to install codecs?

Not sure what version of premiere your using I have cs6 atm and since cs5 have been using pretty much the same export settings. I use H264 MP4 with a custom profile but its basically the HD 1080p 29.97 profile with a couple changes. It all depends on what your intended export is for but this can easily be changed to 60p or 30p but actually using progressive 59.94 or 29.97 which is what the GoPro records in.

Here are my usual export settings for my yt or vimeo uploads in 1080p30 as there is no need to use a higher framerate for online video uploads.

5oj0.jpg

If you want to export out in 1080p60 just make these changes to the frame rate and bitrate. Note the other 2 things I highlighted I keep these both checked. They will slightly slow down the render process but will give better image quality in your end video.

ft7s.jpg

If your computer isnt playing your files after you export them you may be using the wrong H264 file format in your settings. Also you can download VLC player which is probably the best media player performance wise and plays most file formats with no codecs needed. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html It plays all gopro hero3 formats straight out of the camera but it doesnt plaback gopro cineform converted files or quicktime as these are closed source codecs.

I will use thes settings and see if this tine vlc will playback

thanks for those scrennshots, they were easily readable. I will keep you informed!

Marty

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1