Export settings in Premiere CC for best quality

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Can someone please share the best export settings in Premiere CC to achieve best quality in 4K ?

Is it worth using lossless codec and if yes which one ?

Me setup - Windows 10
P4P.

Thx

I open the premiere project in Adobe Media Encoder and choose "match source" and H.264 as the output, render out from there.

Thanks, thats what i have been using since i began my journey with Premiere but not 100% happy with quality.
Is it worth using lossless codec ? I've heard about Proress422 but its only available on MAC.

As far as I know the P4P saves in H265 and/or H264, so you'd be transcoding to get ProRes422. I don't know how well that work.
Are you using ND filters?

As far as I know the P4P saves in H265 and/or H264, so you'd be transcoding to get ProRes422. I don't know how well that work.
Are you using ND filters?
On H265 fps is limited to 30 so i use H264 60fps 4K. Have not got any ND filters yet but planning to get PolarPro Vivid Collection.

The ones that work well for me are H.264, YouTube 2160p 4K (I upload to Vimeo but there is no 4K option), Square Pixels (1.0), Profile: High, Level: 5.2, VBR 2 pass, Target Bitrate 40, Max Bitrate 60, Render at Max Depth, Use Max Render Quality.

I shoot in UHD, 30fps, 1/60 shutter speed with ND filters. Seems like I am still learning and always experimenting but the above seems to produce the results I am looking for. I've also gotten very familiar with the Warp Stabilizer feature in Premier and it seems to help quite a bit.

H264 is a lossy compression algorithm. Image quality will degrade increasingly with each pass through the codec if using a lossy format. Because of this it's probably a good idea to use a lossless compression if doing any pre-final saves. The final output should be rendered with settings that take into account the intended playback device.

Sent from my SM-J700T using PhantomPilots mobile app

H264 is a lossy compression algorithm. Image quality will degrade increasingly with each pass through the codec if using a lossy format. Because of this it's probably a good idea to use a lossless compression if doing any pre-final saves. The final output should be rendered with settings that take into account the intended playback device.

Thanks for your input. Are you suggesting to use lossless codec then or maybe save file as different format ? If yes which one would be the best ?

There is a great video out there (I don't have the link right now) just google it. It has all the export settings and made a huge difference for me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I found this video to be very useful:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for your input. Are you suggesting to use lossless codec then or maybe save file as different format ? If yes which one would be the best ?
Unfortunately it's not an easy answer. The reason there are so many choices is because different situations call for different settings. If your means of distribution are DVD then the settings will be different than if you are uploading to Facebook.

I use H.264, 2160p 4K preset, Square Pixels (1.0), Profile: High, Level: 4.1, CBR, Target Bitrate 50, Render at Max Depth, Use Max Render Quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers