Expo setting question

Reaction score
i really don't understand what the Gain and Expo settings do other the change the responsiveness of the control sticks. What I've found that until recently the three. Expo setting were all the same at .40. Today I found that the third one, last on the right, is set to .20. I've tried resetting it to .40 but it will not change. Something new or am I missing something?

Expo settings help adjust sensitivity with respect to stick changes. You can see from the curves if you set to 0.2, you need more movements on the stick to get the changed applied to P3. These affect values only low values.

Expo settings help adjust sensitivity with respect to stick changes. You can see from the curves if you set to 0.2, you need more movements on the stick to get the changed applied to P3. These affect values only low values.
Thanks. Any idea why the third setting is .20 and can't be changed? Just a thought. Could it have something to do with the latest FW, 1.6 and its protection to rapid battery drain at colder temperatures?

Thanks. Any idea why the third setting is .20 and can't be changed? Just a thought. Could it have something to do with the latest FW, 1.6 and its protection to rapid battery drain at colder temperatures?
All can be changed. You can change directly from the curve by dragging it down or you can input the values thru keyboard. In fact I keep all the values at 0.20.

Gain settings define after stiff you want to make your P3 for external effects such as wind pressure etc. don't keep it too high or too low. High values stress the system whereas low values will create movements around set positions. Decide by trial and error for the best value you like. Start with the mid or default values.

I thought I could adjust the gains to allow for smoother movements of the drone. With default gains I notice that the when trying to take off, the initial few millimetre moment of the throttle doesn't do much to throttle but the next few millimetres of the stick movement have a much greater affect on throttle.
I notice this for ascending and descends also. It feels like that after about 50% of throttle there is no further increase in throttle...,does anyone feel that ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl