Explain charger status

Reaction score
When I charge my stock batteries in the stock charger at 3A, the light goes green when it's done. If I switch the selector to LIFE, the 2S indicator lights up. Why not the 3S indicator? What does this mean?

If I then switch it back to LIPO, it seems to start all over on all red. Does that mean anything?

If I move the charger at all, the plug loses connection and I have to jam it back in the hole and it starts back up again. Is this the result of Chinese (lack of) craftsmanship and therefore normal for this charger, or is it defective?

I thought LIFE was to check the charge. There is no explanation of the LIFE switch in the instructions.

And I just read this:
"DOT NOT connect the battery to the charger cable before connecting the charge cable to the charge socket,
in order to avoid short circuit"
Which is ridiculous because if you touch it, you have exactly that scenario.

Download the manual and read it. The lipo can be very dangerous. I've seen one go off. You can loose body parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, I just said I read the directions.there is nothing in there in about the life switch.

LIFE is a different type of lithium battery (LiFePO4) It charges to a different voltage so don't use this setting for your lipo battery. It has nothing to do with battery life (condition).

It would probably have gone back to green if you left it a few mins.

Don't move anything while charging.

They tell you to connect the charge leads to the charger first because if you connect to the battery first then you have live battery power at the plugs that go into the charger, if they touch it short circuits the battery and as lipo has a LOT of power, fireworks will ensue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers