Experts, help. Odd error message on main DJI go app ?!?

Reaction score
I recently got the Phantom 4 pro and bought a smaller tab to use with it. According to DJI, this tab is compatible, but I get an error message on the main DJI home screen. I;m using the Samsung Tab A 7". When I connect my ipad Air, it works fantastic. Any ideas you guys ?? Any of the pros tips would be great. Is is not true that (at least mine), of the iPad Air does not have GPS as it's not LTE compatible, however most Android tabs have GPS. Although the Air works great, would having a tab with dedicated GPS produce better control/results? Thanks everyone !!!

Attachments

• IMG_1224.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG
    696.5 KB · Views: 525
Yes, I did disable WiFi, and it didn't help, but I don't ever on the iPad with no problems. Is that something I should be doing with iPad as well? Disabling it on the Samsung tab had no effect. I'm just stumped. Thanks so much for replying

Not to hijack the thread, but if this is also related it may assist others. I was just about to post on the same problem except mine said 5.2Ghz. I turned the phone off in my pocket and still got the error. Now after reading this I'm having a "Duh" moment realizing the wifi is still on in the Nvidia Shield I'm using as the device. Too dark to fly right now but I'm going to try disabling the Shield wifi and post back what happens in case others are having the same issue.

Just took the bird to town in a large parking lot and the error message went away when I disabled wifi on the Nvidia Shield. That was only my 2nd flight! Also make sure there are no cell phones nearby with wifi enabled.

Although the Air works great, would having a tab with dedicated GPS produce better control/results? Thanks everyone !!!
The Phantom has its own GPS and this is what it uses for all flight functions.
The only features affected by having a GPS enabled tablet are follow me flying and resetting the home point to the current location of the controller.
Unless you are wanting to do those, you get no benefit from having GPS in your tablet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers