Expert Phantom Pilot!

wow.
great video.
ridiculous flying.

i won't be attempting any of this probably ever.
unless i win the lottery.

DesertFlyer53 said:
Pretty amazing flying! Do you suppose he's in manual mode? I've never had the nerve to try manual flight.

[vimeo]93179517[/vimeo]
Any chance of a link as well for us poor tablet users?

DesertFlyer53 said:
Pretty amazing flying! Do you suppose he's in manual mode?

[vimeo]93179517[/vimeo]

Both manual and Atti mode for the video . :mrgreen:

Is it just me, or does the Phantom look kind of animated in most shots where it's showing only the Phantom do a stunt?

There's something weird looking about its motions and how it contrasts with the background of some shots, especially on the "in between the rail" shot and the trampoline clip. Also, when it flies into the boat and the driver catches it, the prop guards turn black and are thin as paper? Maybe it was shot in a higher FPS so I'm judging it wrong. The pilot is never shown in the same frame when the Phantom is doing something nuts. I also noticed the editors of the video use Avid and Adobe Premiere, which is used to create CGI effects and was used to create the CGI special effects for "The Hobbit". The CGI I'm thinking of has recently been shown in the new trailer for Seth Rogan's upcoming movie with Zac Efron called "Neighbors". In the clip when Seth Rogan sits in his desk chair at work and then gets blown to the ceiling by the airbag under his chair, he turns completely animated for the couple seconds he's crashing into the ceiling and falls back to the ground. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL5c2szf3E4 Go to 1:32 mark of that video.

I think it was extremely well animated for publicity. I have no doubt in my mind that someone could pull off these maneuvers with enough practice but I just don't think they did a good job at showing the pilot actually doing it. Maybe a split screen view with one on the Phantom and the other on the remote would change my mind.

Or maybe I'm just losing it.

at about 25 seconds, you can tell the LED is quickly flashing yellow.
indicating that the joysticks arent centered and that it is in manual (or ATT) mode.
I dont know which... but its not gps.

Only thing that impressed me were the flips. Those are hard to make the NAZA do. Would have been a better film with more action shots of the girl... :cool:

Even with the prop guards that girl's face looks way too close to them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31