Expert advice needed.

Reaction score
im considering dabbing a toothpick in some silicon caulk and very slightly coving all solder joints inside phantom 2 to insure
they dont come loose, i heard of someone suggesting it on this forum in my past research... Good idea or not?
thanks

Unless you see any suspect solder joints, I wouldn't. And if you do, I would look at them very closely and consider reflowing them as opposed to simply covering them up. And DJI has already coated much of the solder points in an unknown sealant which seems to be pretty robust. And they've also glued most of the plugin connectors pretty well too.

coolhand said:
im considering dabbing a toothpick in some silicon caulk and very slightly coving all solder joints inside phantom 2 to insure
they dont come loose, i heard of someone suggesting it on this forum in my past research... Good idea or not?
thanks

To answer your question - yes you can use silicone caulk (IE: RTV) or hot glue gun works also.

People love to tinker.
Go for it.
Enjoy your toy!

Won't hurt anything in and of itself.
Could make a repair/upgrade/mod a bit more difficult in the future.

(But it is completely unnecessary).

I would go with the idea of not doing that. Potting them in makes it hard to fix them and doesn't add that much strength. Reflow the solder if it is hazy or looks like it is a cold joint.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik