Experimenting with combinations of damper on H3-2D

gravelman said:
Hi, First post. This thread prompted me to join as it is doing my head in.

Can some one please explain to me how the gimbal mount can have a front, back, left and right? I can only see two front points and two rear ones. When my phantom moves in a forward direction the front two corners of the plate are in parallel with each other. i.e. it has two front, two rear - or two left and two right.

Can anyone see my confusion?

Thanks.

I'm with you. I don't understand. Can someone post a pic or a quick diagram? I don't *Think* I'm being thick :|

The Editor said:
Twiddling my thumbs a bit today as caught up on all my work so thought I'd have a play....

Decided to experiment with the different dampers supplied with the Zenmuse H3-2D. As you guys who have got them will know, the Zenmuse comes with three flavours of damper, Black (as fitted on delivery), grey and white. Each one varies in it's stiffness, black being the most stiff and white the softest.

I was one of the very first to get my hands on a Zenmuse in the first week of July and to be honest have just left the default black dampers on the thing as shipped.
However, in certain conditions (very bright sun, flying fast forward etc) I have noticed some jello - not a lot, but it's there.

It wasn't until today that I've really had the chance to experiment with the different bits of rubber. It's a faff to swap them over, take off, fly, land, swap them, take off... blah, blah etc etc.

Anyway - today is pretty much perfect flying conditions here in the midlands - sunny, not a breath of wind so I gave it a go....

And the best results I have come up with (to save everyone the headache of doing the same test) is:

Two black dampers on front and back and two white dampers left and right. !!!

This gives me Zero - and I mean ZERO jello in any attitude, angle to the sun or fast flight or ascents. Took me around two hours trying every combination and then reviewing the results but I am very happy that I appear to have completely eliminated that last remaining bit of jello.

Obviously this is only one test but the results so far are looking very good.

My Zenmuse dampers are black (softest) white and grey feel about equal firmness. Four in a set.

The Phantom 1 mount for the H3-2D has a front, back, left and right. The Phantom 2 has the Zenmuse mounted 45 degrees, so it does have 2 front, 2 back.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl