Experiencing Some Difficulty Advice needed!

Reaction score
Good Evening,

I have now flown my P3 several times I'm really enjoying it, however i was wondering could you offer me some help. I find that the TX with the iPad mini adds a lot of weight for my arms due to my muscular disability. When the iPad is connected i firstly find it very hard to see the control sticks which is a problem because of the sensation in my hands i have found the only way i can comfortably and confidently fly is having the controller on a table, this obviously not practical whilst in the middle of a field or beach etc! Is there any devices or methods which would help me with controller stability and take the strain off my arms.

I hope the above is not too confusing !

Check out the Bestem Gravity Harness. It'll hold your remote controller and then your hands will be free to man the remote controller sticks.

Last edited:
You can definitely switch to iPhone. That will be little lighter.

Why do you look at the sticks during flights? That's not the right way of flying.

Secondly why do you hold RC in your hand? Use a DJI controller strap, no lad will come to your hands.

You can definitely switch to iPhone. That will be little lighter.

Why do you look at the sticks during flights? That's not the right way of flying.

Secondly why do you hold RC in your hand? Use a DJI controller strap, no lad will come to your hands.

That harness looks interesting! I have to constantly have a look at the sticks as I have very limited sensation in my hands! I know it's not the ideal way of flying hence the post for some solutions thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That harness looks interesting! I have to constantly have a look at the sticks as I have very limited sensation in my hands! I know it's not the ideal way of flying hence the post for some solutions thanks

Ok go for DJI strap. It costs $10.

Remote Controller Shoulder Strap Belt for DJI Phantom 3 RC Quadcopter-8.20 and Free Shipping | GearBest.com Mobile

Amazon.com : Original Shoulder Neck Strap Belt Sling For DJI Inspire 1 Phantom 3 2 Remote Controller : Camera & Photo

I even used a gym bag shoulder strap I had laying around that had two snap clips on the ends.

For some situations, I've thought a tripod mount for the controller would be nice. I've seen lots of custom tripod mounts for the controller and long-range antenna setups posted here and there, but I don't recall seeing a simple ready-made bracket for a stock controller with a tripod mount. It seems with all the talented 3D print designers around here someone has done this, no?

Reactions: cassalatico
the strap that msinger posted plus this will be good for you if you feel more comfortable with the controller on the table:
Carbon DJI Phantom Transmitter Tray

That looks like it would suit me perfectly!! Which straps harness would you recommend I like the ease of use of a lanyard type system as it saves fumbling with clips etc. Would the likes of the iPad fit on this bracket?

Thanks again sinisalo one last thing as I'm based in the UK would you guys recommend heliguy as a reliable site..

For some situations, I've thought a tripod mount for the controller would be nice. I've seen lots of custom tripod mounts for the controller and long-range antenna setups posted here and there, but I don't recall seeing a simple ready-made bracket for a stock controller with a tripod mount. It seems with all the talented 3D print designers around here someone has done this, no?

Yes that is a really interesting thought mate maybe some pilots will come along with further angles on this. I know I probably appear to be complicating things however because I have a disability I'm relentless in finding solutions and refuse to give in!!! As I definitely have got the drone bug and look forward everyday now using this forum as the more I use it the more I realise you are all a great bunch of people and very knowledgeable in this field!!!

Good Evening,

I have now flown my P3 several times I'm really enjoying it, however i was wondering could you offer me some help. I find that the TX with the iPad mini adds a lot of weight for my arms due to my muscular disability. When the iPad is connected i firstly find it very hard to see the control sticks which is a problem because of the sensation in my hands i have found the only way i can comfortably and confidently fly is having the controller on a table, this obviously not practical whilst in the middle of a field or beach etc! Is there any devices or methods which would help me with controller stability and take the strain off my arms.

I hope the above is not too confusing !

Something like this lanyard tray version would probably suit you, as it does not need you to support it when in use. It's a bit like having a small table in front of you. Just a thought and available in UK eBay. ;)

High Quality Ergonomic Universal Transmitter Pallet Tray Holder for DJI Walkera

This might work for you.

Tripod Mod

Once that's done, if you didn't want to use a full sized tripod you could opt to use a table and a smaller tripod like this and switch them out at your convenience:

Specs1380110580.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4