Experience with FStop-Labs

Reaction score
The purpose of this post is to publicly express my appreciation to the Kevin at FStop-Labs. They are in my opinion, a standup company with a business model that focuses on customer satisfaction.

The story of my experience with fstop-labs began with a purchase of some gimbal parts. Long story short, my P3P gimbal had some minor damage from a crash in 2015. Purely cosmetic, never service affecting, but when I discovered I could purchase OEM like parts, I went for it; I would rebuild my gimbal. I didn't find the task difficult, concerning or complex, but it was doomed from the start, or so that's my opinion. One of the parts purchased was flawed. Of course I didn't know this and I am certain that neither did FStop-Labs. This single flaw gave cause for me to rebuild the gimbal over and over. Each time concluded with the same result, no power to the gimbal. Insanity paused, I stopped repeating the same event with an expectation of a different result and changed out the flawed part with my OEM part, the gimbal had a proverbial heartbeat, but not 100%. Okay, back to insanity, rebuild, rebuild, rebuild, STOP! Time for a closer inspection of all the parts. Conclusion, some parts within a gimbal don't do well with continued contact or rebuild, I.e., ribbon cables that control the motors.

So why am I praising FStop-Labs, because when I explained all the above to them, they took the high road. No blame game by this company, No Sir! Asking only for a photo of the damaged ribbon and motor to assess what they would need to make this a success, they promptly shipped the new parts.

"No worries! We asked for pictures so we can try to determine what parts to send you to make for the easiest repair!

This kind of business model renews my faith that some companies do care about the customer.

Thank you FStop-Labs

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bailey5
I also recently purchased fstop labs ribbon cable and yaw arm replacement after a crash and after its all said and done. I now have no power to any part of my gimbal and getting numerous errors. Was told I may have a damaged circuit board but now seeing this. It may be a bad ribbon. It did not appear to be broken or damaged upon install. Keep me updated and I suppose I'll write them as well.

Following my first post, I can tell you they were there for me 100%, and my gimbal is operational again. I will, if needed, use them again.

If your old cable is still intact, you may want to use it to test like I did. That said, be careful with the motor ribbon cables, the nature of repeated handling of them during rebuilds can put a strain on them.

While apart, I would also inspect those same motor ribbons for any visual tear. This would most likely occur at the point it gets stiffened up near the motor.

Good luck and keep me in the loop.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately my ribbon cable was not usable after the flight. Gonna email them anyway and see what they can do for me

Knock on wood as they say, but I haven't needed parts from them after my last post, but at that time they were after market.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31