Expensive Lesson. Loss of Zenmuse

jasperthayer said:
Zip tie your gimbal to the phantom to avoid future occurrences like this. Otherwise the impact will dislodge it from the jello killer rubber balls and slam into the ground.
This is good advice. But in this case, the Zenmuse was sheared off at the support post. The camera and the bottom part of the gimbal was left behind while the Phantom returned with the ball absorbers and upper platform intact. See the photo below.
photo.JPG

LuvMyTJ said:
Time for some JB Weld magic! ;)
I would probably try that, but the thin plastic ribbon cable was also torn. I have no idea how to replace that. Frankly, fixing this is beyond my level of expertise. I just ordered another one and I'll be more careful with that one.

Zippy1144 said:
LuvMyTJ said:
Time for some JB Weld magic! ;)
I would probably try that, but the thin plastic ribbon cable was also torn. I have no idea how to replace that. Frankly, fixing this is beyond my level of expertise. I just ordered another one and I'll be more careful with that one.

i didn't even attempt to fix mine.

did what you're doing. was able to sell my busted one through the classifieds on this very forum :D

Oh I can feel the splat when it hit the pavement :shock: But your GoPro survived. My recent close call with the trees would have gone plop in the water. Luckily it didn't. Thanks for showing the video, another reminder just like the one Poostik showed.

gordhunt said:
Wow you lucked out that was **** close to the water

Sent from my S4
Yeah, when I saw it go down I thought it hit the water because there was a splash. Then, to my astonishment, I saw the Phantom shoot straight up into the sky. I was still getting IOSD, but no video (obviously). I was relieved to find the GoPro neatly placed on the ledge. It was expensive....but I was so close to total disaster. Thanks again to the ladies who did the right thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31