Expected Phantom 3 Lifetime duration?

Yeah I'm at 13.5 million right now but some of that is on my M 100 about 2.5 million been flying that one a lot more lately. The p3s that I have all have battery mods so keep that mind that's a lot more weight added and stress I put this thing through the paces. I'm not 100% on exactly how many miles are on each one I know 11.5 million feet is about 2178 miles. That split between 3 phantoms. Each one is overloaded by at least 400 grams so I have no doubt that a well taken care of p3 can handle a thousand miles. I wish I could break it down a little better than that my car got robbed the other day and my M 100 one of my p3s and my iPad and controller were taken so I have for data is what is saved on my cell phone. I have a screenshot for those that don't believe it hope it helps.
Sorry to hear this horrid news!!!
You're going to get a p4 with your car insurance claim hopefully!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah I'm at 13.5 million right now but some of that is on my M 100 about 2.5 million been flying that one a lot more lately. The p3s that I have all have battery mods so keep that mind that's a lot more weight added and stress I put this thing through the paces. I'm not 100% on exactly how many miles are on each one I know 11.5 million feet is about 2178 miles. That split between 3 phantoms. Each one is overloaded by at least 400 grams so I have no doubt that a well taken care of p3 can handle a thousand miles. I wish I could break it down a little better than that my car got robbed the other day and my M 100 one of my p3s and my iPad and controller were taken so I have for data is what is saved on my cell phone. I have a screenshot for those that don't believe it hope it helps.
UC, really sorry to hear that. Hope the recovery efforts work out in your favor. BS thieves.

SD

How you manage to get up to 34 minutes..
What black magic trick you use? o_O What battery mod?
That's a Matrice 100 for the P3 best I've done is 32:17. I have been using battery mod provided by FPVcustoms.com I can give you a couple choices that should give you over 30 minutes for lipo packs venom fly high voltage 2300 mAh. Hyperion g6 2400 mAh high voltage. Both of those are high voltage 15.2 volt battery. You need a special charger for them. If you do end up getting the venom batteries the first 20% of the battery 100% - 80% takes over 8 minutes to discharge in flight after 80% the batteries discharge at a faster rate. So be careful with them if you're using them for long distance flights yeah I'll give you over 30 minutes but 50% is not the halfway point in the battery life it's more like 60. I've heard the Hyperion g6 is a better battery people have told me 30 minutes - 10% so that might be a better choice but I've never flown them personally hope this helps.
UC, really sorry to hear that. Hope the recovery efforts work out in your favor. BS thieves.

SD
Thanks Solar my fault for leaving one of my doors open on my car.

It was a couple years later, but the first computer I ever programmed on was also the TRS-80 Model 3. I was 5 or 6 years old and was making circles that would infinitely bounce off each other in differing speeds depending on the colour they hit and playing the text based dungeon crawler Labyrinth of the Minotaur. One of my tattoos is actually the mainboard from that machine. Now in my 30s and those circles are now balls in a VR space. Technology!

There are two types of quad flyers out there and there will be a divide between what they want. Just like automatic vs manual cars, there are the people who want to get out there and manually fly around for hours always at the helm (me) and those that just want to push a button and have it do what they want. Even though there are some automated features, I think the DJI Phantom line will try to keep the manual flyers happy and in full control. Then there are things like the Lilycam which just have a mode toggle to choose what camera movements it makes. Fully automated systems are not quite here yet, but I don't think they are more than 5 years off. In your lifetime you will almost guaranteed get to see voice activated quads that just do what you tell them to do!

The Syma x5c is a beast! That thing has been run into walls, tvs, trees, the ground and it still keeps ticking. It eats through batteries, but that little guy is a lot of fun indoors and out (on a non-windy day). I have 10 batteries for it to keep me in the air for a while and a usb charger and battery pack will keep you going even longer. I have in total 14 broken props for probably 50 hours in the air vs 1 broken prop on my P3P in about 80 hours in the air. I have put it through it's paces and it always comes out alive. I imagine if it had more sophistication then it would be a little more delicate, but it gets the job done how it is!
Thanks for your response. I enjoyed reading them.

Your phantom 3 might last a long time, but those overprice battery will only last a few hundred cycle
Speaking of smart battery, won't it be wiser and a lot cheaper to have the intelligence monitor build into either the quad or the charger instead of every battery?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.