Expectations if I buy a new P3S ?

Reaction score
Problems with my P2V+, so I'm considering a new P3S from local Sam's club for $470. Browsing through the forums I see plenty if issues with the P3S.

Wondering what the chances are of bringing it home, charging it up and having it work correctly. Controls, camera and FPV.

I have to decide if I want to sink money into the 2V+ or not.

Thanks.

Dayton

Browsing through the forums I see plenty if issues with the P3S.
There are currently 51,758 members in this forum. If everyone else who owned a P3S posted their praises, it would drown out all of those other posts. Just some food for thought ;)

haven't had a single issue and I'm on the latest firmware. Updating was not a problem and distance is not a problem... no issues here with my P3S
Me either. I'm not into all the fancy high dollar stuff, so the P3S is enough for me to fly around a bit and have a little fun.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

What problems are you referring to? I love my P3S. It has preformed flawlessly so far. :)

DJI_0012.jpg

mine has no problems

I have a P3S. Have zero problem that I noticed. Finger crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No issues here, either! When I first saw the Standard at my local Sam's Club, they were $470. I was in the other day and they're now priced at $699!! WTH? Glad I bought mine when I did! Bet they aren't selling many at that price. You can just about buy an Advanced for that price! As an aside, I've tried RC cars, planes and helis and the Standard is the only thing i haven't crashed! Get one and enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The only problem I ever had with my P3S was an ESC failure mid flight. But that's just my luck and you should probably never really be concerned about that happening. 2 trips to DJI's repair center later, taking plenty of great pictures and not a single problem since!
DJI_0060.JPG

I've had mine for five months, just over 100 flights, 18+ hours in the air and over 180 km total distance traveled.
No crashes or serious issues, just a few lost signals and disconnects but she has come home(RTH) every time.
Very impressed with the distances I've taken it, well past 2 km several times.
Trust the technology.

I second all the praise! I've found it to be a great flying camera and even have gotten it stuck 100' up in a tree and shook it out with no problems (I had a catcher.) Many flight over open water too! With a simple windsurfer added to the antenna, I have comfortably flown to the 1km range with full video and control.

Had mine since end of February and crashed plenty of times, a couple kinda hard. All 1000% pilot error. I love this thing. DON'T UPGRADE when you get it. Hopeful you will have FW 1.4.6 installed on it already. I say go for it.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Had mine since end of February and crashed plenty of times, a couple kinda hard. All 1000% pilot error. I love this thing. DON'T UPGRADE when you get it. Hopeful you will have FW 1.4.6 installed on it already. I say go for it.
I agree. I'll never upgrade willingly ever again. I hope.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Squirrel!

IM on the latest and greatest firmware and I have no issues...

just get one of each more the fun

Reactions: Willk
i have a P3S on the latest firmware. no problems. super fun and stable platform! i fly a few times a week and at this time still don't feel the need to get something else and am enjoying learning all i can being a phantom pilot! as a beginner, i have gotten great stills and having fun reviewing what video i get.

Problems with my P2V+, so I'm considering a new P3S from local Sam's club for $470. Browsing through the forums I see plenty if issues with the P3S.

Wondering what the chances are of bringing it home, charging it up and having it work correctly. Controls, camera and FPV.

I have to decide if I want to sink money into the 2V+ or not.

Thanks.

Dayton
I am very satisfied with my P3S. Check out my post on the DJI Forum.
Phantom 3 Standard and Litchi App

Actually I will say that the only thing I don't like about the P3S is when I use Lens filters (which since getting them has been every flight) they aren't threaded like they are for the P3A/P so they are just kinda are on there with friction and they don't clear the ground during the initialization when the gimbal moves around on all it axis. I have to hold the quad off the ground and that has become annoying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1