Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Exit out DJI Go Apps while flying

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Klnyc, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Klnyc

Hi PP,

This might be a silly question. So, what will happened if I exit out the Go Apps while flying? For example, if some one calls me and I answer the phone or someone text me? I have Iphone fyi.....Thanks and appreciated for any comments.

2. Ray-Ban

I've had it happen. Sometimes I have to shut my controller off to reconnect to the app... kind of buggy, but I always do get it to reconnect.

3. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Getting phone calls on your device is a nuisance if you are in a critical point of your flight but it's easy to put your phone in airplane mode (how appropriate) for flying.
    But even if you lose the app during a phone call, you should still have full R/C control through your controller.

4. Klnyc

Ok thank you... So if minimize the Go Apps I still able to control it right? Ok, let me try it next time :)

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

[QUOTE="Klnyc, post: 619532, member: 46447"So if minimize the Go Apps I still able to control it right?[/QUOTE]
    Right -- since the remote controller controls your Phantom. You could even shut down the DJI GO app and still control your Phantom.

Klnyc likes this.
  6. Shelbz

I've flown with my tablet crashing out before. I just simply flipped it in return to home mode as quick as possible. I could have flown a while without it but I feel more comfortable knowing what the Phantom is seeing.

John N Kronyak likes this.
  7. Klnyc

Right -- since the remote controller controls your Phantom. You could even shut down the DJI GO app and still control your Phantom.[/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will keep in mind that :)[/QUOTE]