Existing Outdoor Network

Reaction score
Hey all, I have an existing outdoor network that covers 50 acres. I realize the Vision comes with a "wifi booster", but is there any way I can tie it into my existing network? As the network is already in place and gets excellent coverage across the area it would greatly increase the range of the Vision.

Right, I figured that would be the case. I happen to have a nice patch antenna that I think may suit the bill for the control channel.
http://hawkingtech.com/products/hawking ... D12DP.html

Now, I know how it works on a standard network, my question is, can anyone think of any reason it won't broadcast separately on both bands if I connect one lead to the booster and the other to the controller?

I think that antenna would work perfectly, esp since it has a pair of dual-pol 2.4's in it. I'm currently testing a triple-patch setup w/excellent results out to 1500' but then landscape eclipses my line-of-site, so I need a good-weather day and a different location to complete distance tests. But back to your antenna, connect both leads from your repeater plus your TX and I believe you'll get very good results (farther than you'll be ever able to see w/o binoculars anyways).

iDrone

iDrone said:
I think that antenna would work perfectly, esp since it has a pair of dual-pol 2.4's in it. I'm currently testing a triple-patch setup w/excellent results out to 1500' but then landscape eclipses my line-of-site, so I need a good-weather day and a different location to complete distance tests. But back to your antenna, connect both leads from your repeater plus your TX and I believe you'll get very good results (farther than you'll be ever able to see w/o binoculars anyways).

iDrone

Yea well, that's the problem I run into. My farm is heavily forested and hilly. While I won't be flying below the treeline obviously and I sit on the highest point, I'd still like the power reserve to punch through the occasional unexpected obstacle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31