Excuse my french, but WTF is going on w/DJI quality control?

Reaction score
Like many others on this forum I received my brand new P2V with defective parts and had to return it to the dealer for repairs,
forced to assume the shipping and duty costs, because USA DJI just washed their hands:

"Dear XXX XXX

Thank you for your email.

We feel that we can better assist you through our live support team. Your situation should be able to be worked out with your dealer, even with defective parts out of the box. We want to assist, but there is not much we can do to help lower these costs."

And now I find this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkQX4vULlZ0

As long as I know, if we open the shell just to check the soldering (supposed to be perfect on a really expensive gadget) we loose the warranty, right?

So, WTF is going on w/DJI quality control? This is happening every day with brand new phantoms, what can we do as unsatisfied customers paying for DJI's lack of quality control?

Re: Excuse my french, but WTF is going on w/DJI quality cont

IF the unit was brand new, why not just return it for an exchange? Why bother with repairs?

amkorp said:
IF the unit was brand new, why not just return it for an exchange? Why bother with repairs?

Would prefer not to play lottery with a replacement unit, that may come defective too, this already happened to others,
guess if I receive a fixed one, is kind of safe that will work fine, especially if it comes double checked by dealer.

Need to make a safe decision because of shipping and duty taxes hi costs.

Last night (Sunday's night) checked the Vision+ on Amazon, and it was at $1999.99, today it is at $1299,
already asked for a refund instead of the repaired unit, will see what the dealer answer is, guess I will play
DJI's lottery for a fully functional Vision+ unit.

Not to be cynical but what makes you think a P2V+ quality control would be any better than a P2V? I see it as even more things they could mess up personally////

It seems that early adopters of any new platform where DJI is concerned is a beta tester. If you expect reliability and quality wait atleast 3-6 months before purchase. That allows time for bugs to be worked out and addressed by DJI. IMO.

RCRookie said:
Early adopters of any new platform where DJI is concerned is a beta tester.
If you expect reliability and quality wait atleast 3-6 months before purchase. That allows time for bugs to be worked out and addressed by DJI. IMO.

+1

:lol: and if you wait 3-6 months there will be two newer models than the one you are waiting for and your model has been technologically forgotten by DJI so no real improvements will be made.

Burn ya now or burn ya later is you actual only choices.... Have you seen them go back and improve anything on the P1 recently?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik