Excellent Service - RC issue solved

Reaction score
Since I've been involved with Phantoms, I've read many stories of people who have (or feel they have) received service that is considered sub-par from DJI.

I wanted to share my recent, very satisfactory, experience.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about my issue with my RC recognizing anything that was plugged into its USB port (card reader, thumb drive, Phantom, tablet.) After swapping modules on the RC (thanks, Bob), I determined that the issue existed somewhere else within the RC.

I contacted DJI, and promptly received an RMA number, and printable airbill to send in my RC. I packed it up and sent it down to Carson, CA, where it was received and checked in by DJI 2 days later. Within four days, the status moved to "Repair in Process" (or whatever that category is.) Two days after that, I received notice that my RC had been shipped back to me. Today (a total of 10 days from my first call), I received a brand new RC at my doorstep. After charging it up, I powered it on, powered up the Phantom, plugging in my tablet, and, voila, the Go app connected to the RC/Phantom just like it should.

My experience is how a warranty situation should be handled, and I can say confidently, that MANY times as a consumer, I have not been as satisfied with a warranty process. I have no doubt that there are people who have not had legitimate claims handled well by DJI. I also have not doubt that there are many people who felt they had a legitimate claim, but really didn't, and complained about poor service anyway.

I'm satisfied with the service I received, and hope that if I need any further warranty support that my experience in the future will be the same.

Have a good one!

R

Did you have to pay any shipping?

TRN, I did not pay any shipping. DJI sent a FedEx pre-printed airbill with their account number, and my RMA number on it. I boxed up the RC and dropped it off at the FedEx drop with my RMA number clearly written on ALL sides of the box. :) After repair, they sent it back to me, again, on their dime.

R

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Thanks for posting a positive experience with DJI, before I bought mine I read allot of forum posts and most where negative about customer support, probably due to the fact most post are about negative experiences.

Thanks for posting a positive experience with DJI, before I bought mine I read allot of forum posts and most where negative about customer support, probably due to the fact most post are about negative experiences.

Don, that is the nature of forums like this to a great extent. Many of the people who seek them out (in addition to people who are just looking for a community of like-minded people) are ones who HAVE a problem and are looking for a solution.

I have read lots of negatives, so figured it would be good to add my positive experience to the list. I wouldn't hesitate to share a negative experience as well.... :)

Reactions: Donw35
Don, that is the nature of forums like this to a great extent. Many of the people who seek them out (in addition to people who are just looking for a community of like-minded people) are ones who HAVE a problem and are looking for a solution.

I have read lots of negatives, so figured it would be good to add my positive experience to the list. I wouldn't hesitate to share a negative experience as well.... :)

Agreed, balanced feedback is valuable when doing your due diligence before purchase.

TRN, I did not pay any shipping. DJI sent a FedEx pre-printed airbill with their account number, and my RMA number on it. I boxed up the RC and dropped it off at the FedEx drop with my RMA number clearly written on ALL sides of the box. :) After repair, they sent it back to me, again, on their dime.

R

Fantastic, thanks for posting. That has been my largest concern with buying DJI and I feel so much better now. I still hope I have never have a problem, but a story like this is good piece of mine,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4