Evil Interference

Reaction score
Got my phantom 3 standard a few weeks back, after flying it using a mini3 out front of my house I was a little discouraged to really fly it because of some serious video lag. Yes, hardware decode was on and its a dedicated device. The farther the quad got the worse the lag gets until about 1500' +- where the current image on the screen freezes, turns black and white and then goes black. At that point RTH kicks on while I crap my pants and instantly become religious asking god to bring my baby home. After a few LOOONG seconds video restores itself on the screen. Its almost as if the app freezes but it has never fully crashed. Video always comes back.

Next I tried a Ipad Air2 same place, the video lag was a bit better but still very much present.

Taking a little drive down to the high school which is next to a huge agricultural area with nothing but fields and some city surrounding it. I was able to fly out 4000' with solid video and control off the Air2. It was great!

Obviously, this is related to some sort of interference where I live. But what?

I find it interesting because people fly over urban areas all the time and have never seen a glitch, especially on the air or other high speed device.

just wanted to share!
Maybe someone has expirenced the same?

Last edited:
@805hd
Kind of confused with your post, so I'm going just go after this one.

"I find it interesting because people fly over urban areas all the time and have never seen a glitch, especially on the air or other high speed device."

Your asking about your live footage?

What comes from the SD card should have a glitch?

Rod

@805hd
Kind of confused with your post, so I'm going just go after this one.

"I find it interesting because people fly over urban areas all the time and have never seen a glitch, especially on the air or other high speed device."

Your asking about your live footage?

What comes from the SD card should have a glitch?

Rod
Sorry, the video off the SD card is always fine. It's the live video that glitches..

It's glitching because you're at the maximum range of the P3S, you can add various extenders to get it out further but with a stock remote you're about there.

The SD card is always recording because there isn't anything wrong with the camera, it just can't transmit that far.

Reactions: 805hd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic