Everythings looks okey, but it refuse to take off?

Reaction score
Hello all good people!
I am rookie on this forum so please tell if I am doing anything wrong;)
When I start my P3 everything seems to be ok. It´s linked with the RC and it start warming up when I moving left and right controls down to the middle. When I´m pressing the left control forward the motors turns faster. But not fast enough for leaving the ground. When I try auto take off it leave the ground about 30 cm, but with no control at all. I know, we dont sending up our Phantoms without having control. Batterys 100%. Any ideas?

Wow, scary to lift off with no control. I have never heard of this issue, but try it in the simulator mode and see if it obeys the commands. I take it the controller is fully charged also?

The compass a few times but not the IMU and Gimbal. Thanks a lot. I'll do it tomorrow. Hope it will work. I'll be back anyway[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Make sure you do imu and gimbal calibrations on a perfectly level surface. Compass calibration outside away from anything metal and electrical lines!

Yes, you made me see a serious clip on Youtube about calibration[emoji3] I will also find a better area for calibrating compass.

Also try re-installing the GO-APP

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Hello all good people!
I am rookie on this forum so please tell if I am doing anything wrong;)
When I start my P3 everything seems to be ok. It´s linked with the RC and it start warming up when I moving left and right controls down to the middle. When I´m pressing the left control forward the motors turns faster. But not fast enough for leaving the ground. When I try auto take off it leave the ground about 30 cm, but with no control at all. I know, we dont sending up our Phantoms without having control. Batterys 100%. Any ideas?
Welcome to the forum!,

We don't slowly add throttle, go full about a second and the let controls go back to center.

I like this chat on IMU, don't put in the refer though.
IMU Calibration

This on compass
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

I would do a remote calibration for sure.

When you try to fly again, have both switches up S1, S2.
Don't go up unless you get a safe to fly with GPS, on landing use the left stick down method.

Keep us up to date!

Remember,
Phantoms don't fall out of the sky, they try to RTH to china. (RodPad) :eek:
:)

Rod

I did a stupid thing one day and switched the controls to make it similar to when I play FPSs. Are you sure you are not trying to go forward instead of up? Check your control setup.

I´ve followed your tips with re-installing Go-App and calabrating compass, remote , IMU and gimbal. I´ve also relinked RC. And guess what? I can fly again;) I have two RC and one of them was, of some reason, in the wrong mode. So, all of you have helped me. Still, something is wrong because I´m getting warnings about the compass and in the same moment I loose GPS. Not all the time but to many times. Ideas??? Of course I´ve made new compass calibration and after that restarting aircraft and RC. But as I said, I can fly and it feels like most of the problems are solved. Thanks a lot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20