Everything works perfectly but no live feed to iPhone

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had about 10 flights now on my P2V+ and love it.

Yesterday I flew it as usual and had no issues at all.

Today I powered it all up - and everything works perfectly except no live feed will go to my iPhone. It just has a black screen. I can still take photos, videos, control the gimbal etc. but no live feed is displayed.

I have done everything possible including:

Deleted app and redownloaded
Installed app on wife's iPhone
Re-binded the repeater
Renamed the wifi network
Did an update of software on the drone etc.

No idea what's up - any help appreciated! Really weird - everything is perfect it is just that the actual downlink seems to be blank!

Regards,

Nick

mr_3_0_5 said:
May be dumb to say but did you take the cap off the lens
Howdy - yep of course.

Takes perfect video and stills that I can later view either through the app album or plugged into PC. Just the live feed is blank

Blank Camera - Gimbal Error - Time Out Error

Has anyone got input on this?

Out of the blue, my camera screen is black.
I can move the camera
I have all the other screen data (batt life, satellites etc)
If I try to take a photo even tho screen is black... Says network timed out.
Sometimes it says gimbal is blocked when it isn't
Wifi is working fine, so that's not the issue
Yes, my lens cap is off:)
Haven't done any recent firmware upgrades
Have tried on both an iphone and iPad with same black camera screen
Worked great until today

NOTE: I cannot take any photos or video either. When attempted, it gives me a camera icon that says network timed out

Anyone have thoughts? Purchased via DJI in China so don't have local support shop

Bloody annoying isn't it!

I sent an email to DJI and they took 2 days to reply and basically gave me instructions to do EXACTLY what I told them I ALREADY did.

They have flicked me to a different email address and still no reply.

I am just about ready to flip out.

This better be fixed with an update soon. At least we know it isn't a unique problem - lots of posts on the net about it.

Let me know if you work out a way to fix it and I will too.

I plan to go out tomorrow and fly it for a couple of hours around a park and just see if somehow it miraculously comes back to life.

DJI have now said:

After communication with customer, there may be the wifi board in the camera has been broken, would you help him to arrange dealer to provide repairmen?

This is despite the thing being within a 30 day warranty.

If you have this problem and you're still under warranty act now as the updated app may not be the savior I had hoped for...

I am demanding a replacement Phantom.

I have had that happen three times. Here's what I do, and it works every time:

1. Shut off Phantom, controller, and repeater.
2. Close all programs on the iPhone (you know.... double press the home button, and "swipe up" on all the open apps to close them.
3. RESTART the phone by totally shutting down and restarting. Hold the top button until you see "slide to power off". Slide it, let the phone totally shut off (no spinning wheel), and then turn the phone back on again.
4. Fire up controller, repeater, and Phantom, reconnect your WiFi, and I bet it will work!

Hey mate - thanks and I wish that were the case but after the first time this happened a while back your method worked so I figured that would be the fix this time but nope - have tried that like a dozen times lol! Something definitely wrong this time!

Just thought I would try your method for the sake of it - nope it's still not working.

Unimpressed! It's 25 days old which equates to 3 weekends of 20 minutes use = 60 mins max and it has failed!

iPhone screenshot and photo of same problem on galaxy attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 703
I'm having the exact same issue. The black screen of death happens sometime but not always. Sometime the image just turns black and white and freezes ... and within 100 ft of me not some crazy 2k distance. I have tried all the tricks listed here but nothing seems to work. I've had this Phantom only 15 days! Ugh.

proximo said:
I'm having the exact same issue. The black screen of death happens sometime but not always. Sometime the image just turns black and white and freezes ... and within 100 ft of me not some crazy 2k distance. I have tried all the tricks listed here but nothing seems to work. I've had this Phantom only 15 days! Ugh.

Heymate - my advice is to immediately log an email with DJI because you're also within the 30 day warranty period. At least then you have reported it within that time.

I am not able to shoot ANY photos or video, it gives me a network timed out error.
BUT WiFi is still connected normally... and this is with the phantom 4 feet away from me... not airborne.
Is anyone else with the blank camera screen unable to shoot photos?

Seems like we all may have more than one issue going on.
Some can take photos/video while others like myself cannot

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    116 KB · Views: 700
Hi everyone,

The solution is not in the app. My Phantom is currently back at DJI in HK either being repaired or replaced.

They have confirmed with me over the phone that the problem is common and it is due to hardware failure.

Don't bother waiting for app updates - you should just send it back in for repair.

They confirmed with me on the phone that "if it is just the no live video feed problem - there won't be a charge to fix it".

Good luck! I just checked my Australia Post Tracking and it has been delivered to DJI last week so I guess they will be in touch with me soon. I will update you when I know what happened.

They made me send back just the drone and the wifi repeater - no battery or RC etc.

Regards,

AD

Same problem. Interestingly however that in the process of binding my Range Extender to my iPhone, I determined that the MAC address on the bottom of the camera was different than the box scan code. I could not bind it using the code from the bottom of the camera. After I scanned the camera bar code on the box, it bound and the MAC address was different. Anyone had a similar situation?

I had a serious crash with my phantom recently
With the sane symptoms.
After investigation i found the problem and repaired
Attached is the loose component
The component next to screw,just some solder and all good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    663.8 KB · Views: 793
Shaggy,
your issue is rather unique but 9/10 cases and everybody reading this having this issue, if you get no video but you can control the camera and you try to record or snap a picture
and you get a Network time out message than you have a bad flex cable.
i work on these daily and i am telling you the cable is the problem.

if you need help fixing it let me know..
hani

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj