Everyone's worst fear

Reaction score
Today my p4 fell from the sky at 55 metres. Total wreck. Only had it since march. Had no problems until today. Updated the latest dji go app to version 4.1.2. After 5 min in I wanted to reduce the height but the drone did not respond. Other controls appeared ok. My question is I am not with dji care plan. Will I be expected to pay
af8681fa4d757617137ca65fb9c293a6.jpg
c0efb8691d4c3701c67b08c459e31d48.jpg

Can you upload the flight log here: https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/ and follow the directions them provide us with a link to analyze the issue. About your question, not sure. If it was pilot error, expect to pay for repairs. Try to upload the flight log and see if we can help you determined if was pilot error or the aircraft.

Reactions: Ratty
You stated the other controls appeared ok. Could you still maneuver it but, just couldn't descend? Could you elaborate on how it "fell from the sky"?

I am having trouble uploading at moment. I will try later after calming down. I also have a video of the crash but get the following message
378b6d985b4c59849271bccce01dda82.jpg
any ideas. I have switched off and back on the wireless router. I flew for 7 min. First 5 ok. Raised the height and also reduced height. Last 2 min noticed difficulty in lowering drone. Used Rth at 1st. Started to trh then I cancelled as trh was set at 90 metres. Again tried to lower drone. That's when it crashed. Without flight log I can only think it thought it was on the ground.

How does the repair/replace procedure work for someone without dji care. When they look at it they might say it was my thought. In that case what costs might I be looking at. Wondering if I should just buy another drone. I already have the roc and batteries.

I am having trouble uploading at moment.
Last 2 min noticed difficulty in lowering drone. Used Rth at 1st. Started to rth then I cancelled as rth was set at 90 metres. Again tried to lower drone. That's when it crashed. Without flight log I can only think it thought it was on the ground.
In flight the flight data is being recorded every 1/10th of a second.
When you upload your flight record and post a link, that should show what happened.
Your Phantom didn't think it was on the ground as the accellerometers and gyros in the IMU would have let the flight controller know it was airborne.
Your comments about descending difficulty are puzzling but again the data should clear that up.

If it is a total loss, you might want to look into DJI's refurbished products. You might be able to just purchase the bird

I am having trouble uploading at moment. I will try later after calming down. I also have a video of the crash but get the following message
378b6d985b4c59849271bccce01dda82.jpg
any ideas. I have switched off and back on the wireless router. I flew for 7 min. First 5 ok. Raised the height and also reduced height. Last 2 min noticed difficulty in lowering drone. Used Rth at 1st. Started to trh then I cancelled as trh was set at 90 metres. Again tried to lower drone. That's when it crashed. Without flight log I can only think it thought it was on the ground.
Could try through utube and sorry to see pic like this i done same update yesterday but no flights yet ,sorry again that suxs :(

I had a similar thing happen with my P4P last month. It turned out it was actually descending, but extremely slowly. A dialog popped up several times saying (something like - I was stressing out and don't recall the exact wording) it was at 0 feet, do I want to continue. I got it down to about 50 feet when the battery hit 10%, and it proceeded to drop like a brick. I was able to work the elevation stick to slow it down for a safe landing.

The logs show the altitude to be as expected, so I have no idea why it thought it was on the ground had to go into this slow descend mode.

I am still have trouble downloading my flight data. I have downloaded dji assistant 2 and located file, but when I try using your link it's not working
IMG

0121621de460c88115c6d928e352e7e8.jpg
here is a photo of what I have downloaded to my computer but can't download here. Are they the correct file types.

I am still have trouble downloading my flight data. I have downloaded dji assistant 2 and located file, but when I try using your link it's not working
IMG
The file you are looking for is on your phone or tablet.- it's NOT in your Phantom.
There are good instructions given in the link posted above.
It should only take a couple of minutes.and will show the information needed to understand what happened in your incident.

Good news is tho, that the repair is around £90 (don't know what that is in dollars) as mine was similar to yours. And to be honest the parts that need replacing was £40 and £50 for the labour. Might be worth sourcing the parts and repair it yourself

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-06-24_[10-41-48].txt
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 188

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-06-17_[10-26-49].txt
    2.5 MB · Views: 223
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-06-24_[10-41-48].txt
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 223

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members