Every photo taken is N.W

Reaction score
Every photo I have taken today says the coordinates are North West. How is that possible?

I was flying over farm land today taking pictures in different directions, but the coordinates all say NW.

2v1m543.png

Does the North West mean I am in the Northern West hemisphere and not the direction of the photo?

Search those coordinates in Google map and see if it shows the correct location. For example search like this:
37.7749° N, 122.4194° W

Thats your GPS co-ordinates, north of equator and west of meridian line.

Shown in degrees, minutes and seconds.

you were here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 08.51.22.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 08.51.22.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 407
Last edited:
This is a good article which explains how latitude and longitude work. Understanding Latitude and Longitude

The equator is the starting point for measuring latitude--that's why it's marked as 0 degrees latitude. The number of latitude degrees will be larger the further away from the equator the place is located, all the way up to 90 degrees latitude at the poles. Latitude locations are given as __ degrees North or __ degrees South.

To measure longitude east or west of the Prime Meridian, there are 180 vertical longitude lines east of the Prime Meridian and 180 vertical longitude lines west of the Prime Meridian, so longitude locations are given as __ degrees east or __ degrees west. The 180 degree line is a single vertical line called the International Date Line, and it is directly opposite of the Prime Meridian.

(Good question btw, I learned a bit here)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20