Every battery change calibrate compass?

Reaction score
Never had an issue with my P3 which I have had since December. Now every battery change I get an alert, calibrate compass. Any idea what is causing this?

You just about have to be coming in contact with metal somewhere. You don't launch from concrete do you? Is it ever sitting near metal?

Hmm, yeah it is a new spot I take off from. Probably the Re bar in the concrete sidewalk. I'll try the grass area next.

Yeah you never want to launch or land on anything hard. It will positively reduce the lifespan of your quad. I use one of the square puzzle piece pads. I think its like a 2.5ft by 2.5ft.

But you're correct on the re-bar. Btw, lets hope thats what is causing your issue. If you launch from the grass and it shows the same warning message, go ahead and calibrate it and continue launching from the grass. If it still does it, then doing a advanced calibration using the Assistant/Tools.

Btw, I make it a habit to always reboot my quad after I calibrate it. Gives me the feeling it locks the info in its memory.

Yeah you never want to launch or land on anything hard. It will positively reduce the lifespan of your quad.
I guess that would depend on how violently you land. My landings are so smooth that it wouldn't matter. The padding at the bottom of the landing gear offers the perfect amount of cushioning.

Wow you have a P3 ... Since december... You must be living in the future☺
Can you tell us the specs?? Theres been loads of rumours and we would like to know the result of dji evolution...
Also do cars already fly in your time... Been waiting for that too☺

Wow you have a P3 ... Since december... You must be living in the future☺
Can you tell us the specs?? Theres been loads of rumours and we would like to know the result of dji evolution...
Also do cars already fly in your time... Been waiting for that too☺
You know what I meant

The sidewalk was causing the issues btw. Grass it works just fine.

You know what I meant

The sidewalk was causing the issues btw. Grass it works just fine.

Somebody recommended an iOS app to measure magnetism in your area. Seems to work well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl