Everest base camp

The air may be too thin at the top, should be ok at base camp though. Even a Bell 505 has a max ceiling of 20,000 feet and hover ceiling of 14k

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree I would't bank to far. Will be nice to see how the P4 will fly up there. Warda, you should ask if dji would supply you some stuff in exchange for flight testing and bragging rights.

Last year when I flew my P2V+ in Nepal it was frustrating in many places - deep canyons did not make for good GPS coverage. A few times I just flew in ATTI mode but it was windy a lot and then I didn't fly. Be careful in urban places like Kathmandu as the authorities don't like it. I had no trouble in Pokhara. The highest I launched from was only 4000m - at that height I couldn't notice any performance degradation at all. Phantoms are awesome.

Very cool!! I'm going to carry mine up to the summit of Mount Agung later this year. Look forward to seeing your experience! This should be EPIC!! As for the Phantom 4,, it will have different lift properties, but, I don't think it will be anything you should worry about other than keeping it and batteries warm before flight. My dive buddy on a trip to Galapagos had just returned from base camp at Everest and based upon what he described, you best worry about your own health first!! Haha,,, altitude sickness really affected him seriously at base camp. So,, be careful and drink plenty of fluids!! I can't wait to see that footage!! You and your P4 will go Viral!!

I checked atmospheric pressure at Everest base camp and it's about half of sea level, should be interesting to see how it does.

I went to everest (about 22000ft) in 1983 and at that time they couldn't fly rescue copters above Namche Bazaar for various reasons (possibly more to do with the engines functioning than the blades not getting a purchase on the thin air) although they do now.
Given the sheer mind numbing nastiness of tramping at altitude (I was carrying 110lbs) you might regret taking 'luxury' luggage.
Not many sockets at Base Camp either. How will you recharge?

Hello Guys, I just flew my P3P on top of Antisana Volcano at 5,704 metres (18,714 ft) in Ecuador.
Flew for 9 minutes, no problem at all (we had beautiful weather with no wind)
I took 4 batteries, and had them in my jacket; probably we were around -10C, and had the low temperature warning, but did not pay attention. After 9ish minutes, I got critical low battery warning; but used the same battery later same day.
Video soon.
I was impressed by the little P3P.

Last edited:
Reactions: ftttu and Erised
Guys, video is up:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

One of the highest takeoff in the world with a Phantom 3pro?

cheers!
WOW! Amazing location and video. When the going seems all uphill, just think of the view from the top. And there's your video, thanks for sharing.:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic