Ever have any problems with Temperature Affecting you Drone?

Reaction score
We were out flying today,Just out side of Phoenix Az. the temperature was around 95 degrees. The heat index is to hit 119 Sunday & Monday.
We went out to the hills (4 Peaks area ) to do some flying before it got to hot. I was reading some where a group was out flying in temperatures of119 degree. I don't remember what all the drones they had but it said they could only get a 3DR Solo to fly and their I pods needed to cool down.
We did have the problem with the I Pod over heating. Lucky he was on his way back and the drone was with in sight. I had a problem with my DJI Phantom 3a, I had been flying it for about 10 minutes and my video kelp stopping. I thought I was hitting the camera button and It was not me. after I got home I checked the video and it was smeared in some spots and looks like it was sliding off the film?. Like to hear if anyone else has had problem with hot temperatures.

IMG_20160616_111526640_HDR.jpg

yep phx is brutal on electronics need to try and fly with you in shade which is hard to due with no trees around

I'm moving from Seattle to Mesa this weekend! Oh YAY... 120!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

THe only problem I've had while flying in 107F+ temps was not being able to recharge the batteries.
I use an android and I was telling my friend about the I pods needing to cool down and then that happen it was funny some what.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl