Euro Trip

Reaction score
Well first trip abroad with P3A in hard case was a great success. Outbound they did not even open case ...return at Schiphol fellow checked case and was impressed with my prep Batteries at two bars and in plastic zip lock bags. Picture is my flight by Metz Cathedral in France, didn't go to high as I was too close but got amazing vids all the same. I flew in four countries and found that people were more interested in the device than any negative comments. Trick is learning to pick a spot and getting airborne quickly to say 100 feet. Sitting on a park bench and filming draws no attention. A quick descent and handcatching is what blew people's minds lol. Next trip I am getting a camper and planning shoots as the from the air material to capture is mind blowing! P3A performed really well....aquired plenty satellites and flights were rock solid. Flying over the canals in Amsterdam was a little stressful but survived. Will post video comilation next few days.

Cheers...Tom

Attachments

• 1461171380144.jpg
    1461171380144.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 315
The difficulty is keeping up with th elocal regs.
I suspect flying near the Cathedral in France was technically not allowed or at least frowned on.
Not that they can do much now you are back home I guess ;)
Actually its definitively prohibited! You were lucky to come back home with your P4! ☺

Well guess what....you kind of have to make a judgement as to conditions and the plan you have to get the shot. Also it means you need to be a good pilot. I was not worried about flying where I did in Europe as I read the rules before going.

Waiting to see your videos.

Well guess what....you kind of have to make a judgement as to conditions and the plan you have to get the shot. Also it means you need to be a good pilot. I was not worried about flying where I did in Europe as I read the rules before going.
I think not, because France is particularly strict.
I'd probably have risked it too though if hardly anyone was about.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub