Ethical dilemma

Reaction score
What to do. Last week I ordered a 100w charger from Amazon. I received one about 3 days later. Today I just got another one in the mail. I checked my account to be sure I wasn't billed for a second one and I wasn't. Now what should I do? Send it back or share my good luck by selling it to someone at a discount? I feel compelled to send it back or karma will bite me in the but. What would you do?

A few months ago, Amazon accidentally sent me laptop RAM that I did not order. It retailed for about $140. I chatted with Amazon online and told them what happened. They thanked me, shipped another package out to the buyer, and told me to keep it or dispose of it. I ended up selling it on eBay because I could not use it.

Yes they got you the first one out super quick and fulfilled your order. Why rip the off for a couple of dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good on you exit 4 for doing the right thing. You too snerd for the advice. lol
They may just tell you to keep it

Last edited:
I agree with all the other posters. Honesty is and always the best policy. And I'm sure they will just tell you to keep it. But always try to do the "right thing."

Reactions: Monte Olsen
What would you expect someone to do if you accidentally sent them something? Play by the rules you expect others to follow is a pretty good general starting point. call or email and see what they want to do. I recently ordered 10 components @500pc ea that are packaged in pairs. I got 20 delivered for the price of 10. I returned 10 and got rewarded with a change in my trade discount. Will be further in front in the long run.

The good thing is that you asked the question!

The bad thing is that you had to ask at all... ;-)... culture has pulled you off the path.

To twist it a bit from what @snerd wrote:

Real character is dong the right thing... even when no one is watching and without needing to ask if you should...

However, the fact that you asked is way more than too many others would do... I applaud you for the courage to ask what others think when faced with a selfish opportunity.

Much good advice has been given, I pray that you choose the right path.

I had an issue with a prop balancer....usps couldn't locate the package even though their site stated they tried to deliver it twice but never did. I called Amazon, they sent a placement. Replacement arrived then the next day the missing one arrived. I called Amazon and they stated to keep it.

I would suggest to call Amazon and see what they say.

Send it to me and I'll send it back to Amazon (next year). :)

What to do. Last week I ordered a 100w charger from Amazon. I received one about 3 days later. Today I just got another one in the mail. I checked my account to be sure I wasn't billed for a second one and I wasn't. Now what should I do? Send it back or share my good luck by selling it to someone at a discount? I feel compelled to send it back or karma will bite me in the but. What would you do?
What if it was your property.... Do the right thing.

I had intended to do the right thing the whole time. You know that little devil on your shoulder that says keep it. For some reason I let him get in my ear even though I knew it was wrong. Yesterday I emailed them to tell them what happened. They have no record of sending it to me. I gave them the original order number thinking they could back track, but still no luck. They said to keep it (just as some of you said would happen). I just gave them a last bit of info that may help them figure it out. Thanks for keeping me on the good side.

Totally agree with all in doing the right thing. My bird was taken from a tee but dude did right thing. Contacted me and got it back to me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

depending how many batteries you have, a second charger can be a god send!

I suggest you to talk to Amazon.

I don't know about Karma biting you but honesty keeps one happy.

Well said! I'm impressed with the number of honest people over the years, and the occasional random acts of kindness. Just recently I stopped at a drive through fast food place. When I got the window to pay and get my food I was told that the person in front of me in line had already paid for my food. It wasn't a big deal, but it was a kind gesture that lifted my spirits. Within a week I had passed along the gesture to someone behind me in another line somewhere.

My sister ordered a printer and they sent her two charged for one. They let her keep the second. They are pretty cool about that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20