Essential Accessories for P3A?

Reaction score
I'm going to place an order for one of these (P3A) in the next day or so. This will be my first Phantom, but I've flown R/C drones and helicopters (and real planes too). What are the essential "must have" accessories that I should purchase now and have on hand before my first flight?

Gimbal guard? Which one?
Prop guards?
Hard case? Recommendations?
Other ideas?

Cheers.

Check out my must-have list of accessories for the Phantom Advanced here.

Out of that list, I'd only say the hard case.

But at least one spare battery.

I have gimble guard and quick release prop guards and haven't flow with them on. Prop guard if around rocks and indoors, but no use otherwise. Gimble guard I didn't like for non stable landings.

I'd say get a decent prop balancer. A balanced set of props is a good thing.
I fly with Prop Guards all the time. Having different colors for front/rear makes
easy visual referencing on the drones orientation. You only have to tilt the camera
down a few degrees to keep them out of video.
A set of ND Filters and a polarized filter for the camera helps capture better
photos.
I got the Gimbal guard with the bird, and it's on there... haven't had a hard enough
landing to test it's 'worthiness'. I have no problems with landing stability.
I own a cheap soft case. Mine isn't going on any commercial flights any time soon,
if I was going to, I'd get a good hard case.

Yeah.... batteries... can't seem to ever have too many of them around.

mcmelectronics for a hard case.

See the thread I created "show off your cases!" and you'll see the details to mine (cheapest/best value to date) and what other members are using to direct you to a case that fits your needs/budget.

nd filters. polarising filter. Actually I usually use the polarpro pol filter with 4-24 nd inside it from phantomfilters.com. I don't find the polarpro nd filters to be very clear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers