Esc status error

Reaction score
Hey guys, need some advice. My P3A fell and it damaged the motor mount. Epoxied it back into place, and thought I'd check the motor - the wires were scuffed and I insulated them. Everything checked out fine, motors were all running at revs etc. A few days later I soldered the one wire of the motor(what a pain) and then thought I'd check the drone again - I keep on getting ESC status error. Updated the firmware, did IMU calibration but still the same error. Does this mean I need a new mainboard or can it be a motor? Or any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

ESC error means ESC circuit/s are not working on the board to control and limit the currents to the motor. NO Calibration will help, either motor is defective, connections are wrong or short-circuited or ESC itself has gone bad.

You need to investigate.

The motors are $20.00 and I have had to replace one on my Advanced. I would replace the motor and if you still get the ESC error then you will lhave to replace the main board. Just my opinion. My problem was that even though my bird flew OK, one motor got hot to the touch.

I just posted this on another forum earlier. I have the same message with 8 hours flight time and no damage to the P3A. I was lucky as mine was close to the ground when it locked up and got a error message about satellite position off error. I then got an motor obstructed error. The motors turn fine, nothing in them, but I cant arm them at all and I tried all the things people have mentioned. I bought it from DJI in late January. The ESC is covered under 12 month warranty. Waiting in a ticket request. Everything I read here and other places seems like it almost always needs to go back if under warranty still.

On another forum someone mentioned that i should re-solder the wire properly, taking the coating off as the esc is very sensitive. Alternatively trying another motor as the mainboard is too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bailey5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic