ESC status error

The test I was hoping for was to make it fail while the motors are running. I.e. props off, start motors then squeeze the left back arm. I was assuming that this would cause the ESC fail and then motor stop. But, after re-reading the posts I see you didn't actually say that this would cause an ESC error while the motors are running. Anyway, nothing stands out in the .DAT.

Another thing you could try is leaving the top off. Start the motors, no props, and then poke various places and components with a plastic tool and see if you can get it to fail.

Thanks man, will definitely try that. going to just replace the back left motor this weekend as well. Hard to troubleshoot as it will never seem to fail until a reboot. makes it tough to narrow down that cause and effect. I have a pretty repeatable process to get it functioning now at least.

cheers from NH

Thanks man, will definitely try that. going to just replace the back left motor this weekend as well. Hard to troubleshoot as it will never seem to fail until a reboot. makes it tough to narrow down that cause and effect. I have a pretty repeatable process to get it functioning now at least.

cheers from NH
You could just leave the top shell off and fly it like that. Just kidding :)

Help

I was installing snap on prop guards on my new Phantom 3. Had a senior moment and one of the screws went up into the motor. It did start up after that in the house, but when I tried it outside it would not fire up. Kept getting a status error of "ESC status error". I bought a new motor, replaced the damaged motor but I keep getting the error. HELP Don't even have an hour flying time in yet.

I had this exact same problem and it turned out that I had severed the copper coil wires that were in line with the screw that I had screwed in to far! I managed to fix this by simply bridging a copper wire with solder across from one coil to the other bypassing the severed wires between and this fixed the problem. Luckily I did not fry the computer. Hopefully this can help anyone with the same problem.

Reactions: sdcoughlan
I too have the same issue, after removing the cover I see no visible damage to anything. I ordered new motors but I don't see anything wrong with the old one? No wires broken, no loose connections, just the same ESC error? All was fine until I put the prop guards on and 2 long screws in the short holes for one side? Is there any diagnostics to tell me if the motor is done? It looks fine but the drone won't start to see due to the ESC error?
Hello dear friend,
I have a P3P with a V1 part 33 mother board. I also experienced the "ESC Status Error" Problem. After several trials I came to a conclusion that it might be the R/C RF interference on the mother board. I seperated the P3P 10 metres away from the R/C unit and the problem was resolved. I was able to start the motors without any "ESC Status Error" message. This method should work for those who do not have a real hardware problem on the motherboard. Greetings.

If you're having "ESC status error", then there are three possible causes:
- Motor damaged or motor connection error
- ESC end transistors (MOSFETs) fried or their connection error
- ESC controller fried or its connection error

Now, how to check which exact problem do you have:
- Make sure that no chip looks damaged or smells like burned plastic
- Check if one of the ICs doesn't get hotter than the others
- Download flight logs, convert them to TXT format and look within for a more specific error message

For example, in my logs I found:
Code:
2.957 : 3013 :      60 ESC0 link up
2.968 : 3020 :      61 ESC1 link up
2.992 : 3034 :      62 ESC2 link up
3.003 : 3041 :      62 ESC3 link up
3.003 : 3041 :      62 esc alive info = 0xf
3.770 : 3501 :     101 [FDI AHRS[1]]:ahrs_init begin
3.785 : 3510 :     102 [FDI AHRS[1]]:bias fdi turn on
3.785 : 3510 :     102 [FDI AHRS[1]]:init fdi turn on
3.785 : 3510 :     102 [FDI AHRS[1]]:wait for sensor check
3.962 : 3616 :     110 ESC0 version: Protocol = [V1.0] Hardware = "WM320_FOC_V4"
3.962 : 3616 :     110 Loader   = [V00.00.01.01]
3.962 : 3616 :     110 Firmware = [V01.10.00.00]
3.970 : 3621 :     111 ESC1 version: Protocol = [V1.0] Hardware = "WM320_FOC_V4"
3.970 : 3621 :     111 Loader   = [V00.00.01.01]
3.970 : 3621 :     111 Firmware = [V01.10.00.00]
4.172 : 3742 :     121 ESC2 get version fail!
4.180 : 3747 :     121 ESC3 version: Protocol = [V1.0] Hardware = "WM320_FOC_V4"
4.180 : 3747 :     121 Loader   = [V00.00.01.01]
4.180 : 3747 :     121 Firmware = [V01.10.00.00]
Which makes it clear that there are issues with the ESC2 controller.
(Also, for my specific case - I was able to start the motors if I kept a small constant pressure on the board while booting the drone - which means that the chips are fine and I have a connection issue).

The fourth possibility is as follows;

I have a P3P with a V1 part 33 mother board. I also experienced the "ESC Status Error" Problem. After several trials I came to a conclusion that it might be the R/C RF interference on the mother board. I seperated the P3P 10 metres away from the R/C unit and the problem was resolved. I was able to start the motors without any "ESC Status Error" message. This method should work for those who do not have a real hardware problem on the motherboard. Greetings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen