ESC status error

Reaction score
Help

I was installing snap on prop guards on my new Phantom 3. Had a senior moment and one of the screws went up into the motor. It did start up after that in the house, but when I tried it outside it would not fire up. Kept getting a status error of "ESC status error". I bought a new motor, replaced the damaged motor but I keep getting the error. HELP Don't even have an hour flying time in yet.

Reactions: aldorosales
hey mate i think its something related to the ESC controller, a wire or something that you might have broken while installing those screws it might not be the motor at all, i think u need re-calibration for system, perform an IMU calibration at cold, maybe this will get back ur drone in its last know good config if that didn't work you must check for any cable that u might have broken... ESC's are now hooked to the main board not like the old phantom's 1 and 2, so check up those hope this helps

Reactions: Droneted
From what I have read it's possible to fry the ESC by restricting a motor.

I wouldn't try the old motor

So if you now swap the new motor with the opposite motor and the problem stays on the same arm it might point to the ESC.

image.jpg
Hi Elie, hope things in Beirut are getting better. This is a pic of the the mother board from the P3, shows how the esc's are part of the mother board. Pic is from another concerned pilot.

Oh boy!! Is that ever going to cost. The worst part is yet come. No boards in stock.

I too have the same issue, after removing the cover I see no visible damage to anything. I ordered new motors but I don't see anything wrong with the old one? No wires broken, no loose connections, just the same ESC error? All was fine until I put the prop guards on and 2 long screws in the short holes for one side? Is there any diagnostics to tell me if the motor is done? It looks fine but the drone won't start to see due to the ESC error?

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM! I'M TRYING TO REACH SOMEONE ON THE PHONE! I will let you all know what I find out.

The P3 ESCs communicate with either the FC or other supervisory processor.

If it's reporting an error than there is an error.
Shorted motor coils due to foreign material or other can certainly damage ESCs.
To what extent the P3 ESCs have some protection against this is not clear but in these cases it seems not enough.

which it is what is recommended to send DJI support

ay not much information on this subject
p3 crash when I put it up and I realized that only an engine where the propeller had broken not turned.
It was when researching and buying the engine and replace it finished but the problem was the error "ERROR STATUS ESC"
Today disassemble and install the new engine damaged if it continued to see the error and if so the error still motor.

desistale DJI app and install again
calibrate the IMU
perform reset all settings
and turned off the phantom repeatedly

I do not show up looking "ESC STATUS ERROR"

I deseperado and I think the most left is sent to DJI support with its office in Los Angeles California

you have any other recommendations

p3 crash when I put it up and I realized that only an engine where the propeller had broken not turned.
It was when researching and buying the engine and replace it finished but the problem was the error "ERROR STATUS ESC"
Today disassemble and install the new engine damaged if it continued to see the error and if so the error still motor.

calibrate the IMU

I deseperado and I think the most left is sent to DJI support with its office in Los Angeles California

DJI, told me that there is nothing that can be done other than send my P-3 back to them to repair the motherboard. The "ESC" is a sensor on the motherboard that turns the motors on or off.
I'm very upset about this because I've only flown mine twice. If a motor fails to turn, it will "fry" the esc sensors. I'M DEMANDING A NEW UNIT. We'll see what happens.

what bad news I'm sorry brother but fight until you can get the new DJI SUPORT motherboar Replaces you? I would be willing to pay but I would like to know the cost because it might leave me better to buy a new one

View attachment 24322 Hi Elie, hope things in Beirut are getting better. This is a pic of the the mother board from the P3, shows how the esc's are part of the mother board. Pic is from another concerned pilot.
Hey Guys this Is Ziad From NC USA
I heard that you need to sand paper the wires well before you connect and solder them because DJI have them covered with material. it worked for a lot of people. sand paper them then solder them for a good connection.
hope this helps.

Help

I was installing snap on prop guards on my new Phantom 3. Had a senior moment and one of the screws went up into the motor. It did start up after that in the house, but when I tried it outside it would not fire up. Kept getting a status error of "ESC status error". I bought a new motor, replaced the damaged motor but I keep getting the error. HELP Don't even have an hour flying time in yet.
Hey Guys
I heard that you need to sand paper the wires well before you connect and solder them because DJI have them covered with material. it worked for a lot of people. sand paper them then solder them for a good connection.
hope this helps.

Help

I had the same senior moment and had to replace one of my motors. you do need to clean the wires with fine grit sand paper before trying to solder them. I also made a twist connection just to insure that the solder jt held.. Also remove enough insulation on the wires to use clip on heat sinks when making the solder connection.

I have couple main boards available if you guys need them. And yes you will have to replace the whole thing as escs are part of the main board now in P3s, not like on P2s where it was so much easier just to replace the esc.

calibrate the IMU

Hey Guys
I heard that you need to sand paper the wires well before you connect and solder them because DJI have them covered with material. it worked for a lot of people. sand paper them then solder them for a good connection. worked for me.
hope this helps.

I have couple main boards available if you guys need them. And yes you will have to replace the whole thing as escs are part of the main board now in P3s, not like on P2s where it was so much easier just to replace the esc.

how much for the board

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen