ESC status error problem after upgrading to 1.9.60

Reaction score
After upgrading to the latest firmware yesterday and flying two batteries with absolutely no problems at all, the third battery is popping up an 'ESC status error' on the screen. Motors won't start, green ready to fly banner at the top. Any ideas ? (The message on the attached image was the exact same message that I got in the field)
ESC error.jpg

Last edited:
I have the exact same issue. I flew 1 battery perfectly fine, popped in #2 and got the same error message you are seeing.

To answer your question on downgrading, you just put the old firmware .bin file in the root folder and restart the aircraft. It will go through the cycle and downgrade you.

However, after doing this, the error message persists!

Really frustrating.

So to be sure I understand, it's only happening with one battery? The other batteries don't produce that error? If that's the case, maybe try running the FW upgrade again with the problem battery in the AC: maybe the battery FW didn't update properly?

Mike

Negative. I successfully flew around using a full battery. When I try to fly again with any battery including the one that originally worked I get the error message.

I am on with DJI support. They have nothing useful so far.

The sad part is that if you find this forum post its probably already too late. DJI should take this firmware down immediately!

So to be sure I understand, it's only happening with one battery? The other batteries don't produce that error? If that's the case, maybe try running the FW upgrade again with the problem battery in the AC: maybe the battery FW didn't update properly?

Mike
It happens with the remaining 2 batts that I had. I haven't tried it yet with the first 2 that I had successful flights with. Charging them now and will try to fire up

I have the exact same issue. I flew 1 battery perfectly fine, popped in #2 and got the same error message you are seeing.

To answer your question on downgrading, you just put the old firmware .bin file in the root folder and restart the aircraft. It will go through the cycle and downgrade you.

However, after doing this, the error message persists!

Really frustrating.
Glad to know in a way that I'm not the only one lol.
Negative. I successfully flew around using a full battery. When I try to fly again with any battery including the one that originally worked I get the error message.

I am on with DJI support. They have nothing useful so far.
Please keep us updated. I have contacted the dealer that I purchased it from. Still haven't heard back.

It happens with the remaining 2 batts that I had. I haven't tried it yet with the first 2 that I had successful flights with. Charging them now and will try to fire up

Update:
Batteries used in the successful flights (#1 and #2) now come up with the error.
Downgraded to 1.8.80 successfully with batt #1 in the AC and the error still comes up.

Update:
Batteries used in the successful flights (#1 and #2) now come up with the error.
Downgraded to 1.8.80 successfully with batt #1 in the AC and the error still comes up.

This must be what we paid extra for. Please write back if you figure anything out because I'm pretty much at a loss with this thing.

This must be what we paid extra for. Please write back if you figure anything out because I'm pretty much at a loss with this thing.
I noticed at one point (can't exactly remember when after the firmware upgrade) that there was an 'ESC status' line on the screen where it lists the status of the AC (and where you calibrate the compass) I think I saw it just the once and never again. Somehow this seems related to me to the problem we are having. I also posted on the Facebook DJI Support page

I noticed at one point (can't exactly remember when after the firmware upgrade) that there was an 'ESC status' line on the screen where it lists the status of the AC (and where you calibrate the compass) I think I saw it just the once and never again. Somehow this seems related to me to the problem we are having. I also posted on the Facebook DJI Support page

What's frustrating is that the speed controllers are almost certainly fine since we were both able to fly and land successfully at first.

I'm not really keen on sending this out for repairs just yet. Hopefully we don't have a unicorn problem here and enough others see this issue to warrant a response from DJI other than "send it to us."

Reactions: AeroVisionz
What's frustrating is that the speed controllers are almost certainly fine since we were both able to fly and land successfully at first.

I'm not really keen on sending this out for repairs just yet. Hopefully we don't have a unicorn problem here and enough others see this issue to warrant a response from DJI other than "send it to us."
Yup I agree

That's scary. I just received my P3A back from DJI repair a couple of weeks ago after an ESC error. Currently on FW 1.8, definitely won't update mine to 1.9 for now :eek:

I took a plunge today and updated my P3P and all batteries with the latest FW 1.9.60. I will fly tomorrow and publish my results. Some one has to take a calculated risk with full knowledge of the consequences and I did it.

I took a plunge today and updated my P3P and all batteries with the latest FW 1.9.60. I will fly tomorrow and publish my results. Some one has to take a calculated risk with full knowledge of the consequences and I did it.

Hope it all goes well with your flight. Can you also look out for the 'ESC status' line that I have never notice before in other firmware updates. I think it will appear below the IMU status and above the Compass calibrate lines (but not 100% sure)

Hope it all goes well with your flight. Can you also look out for the 'ESC status' line that I have never notice before in other firmware updates. I think it will appear below the IMU status and above the Compass calibrate lines (but not 100% sure)
Yes I will monitor ESC status too during flights:

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466234495.640833.jpg

I've had two flights so far with two different batteries and the only thing I noticed is that when I go full up on the throttle, there is about a 1 second burst of high RPM but then it cuts way back while holding full up throttle. I never noticed that happening in 1.8.80. As a result, vertical climb rate seems reduced quite a bit from 1.8.80.

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31