Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

ESC Status error - not able to take off

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by DonWerner, Aug 16, 2016.

1. DonWerner

Hey guys,

Was out flying today. Used up first batteri, flew fine. Landed. Changed the battery and when I tried to take off with the second battery it gave me this ESC error, grounding the drone.

I put the first battery back in and the same thing. I'm not able to take off. It's a P3A which has never been crashed.

So what's the deal? Any suggestions what to try?

2. varangian

This probably won't help in your case, but this happened to me back in May. I'd had a minor tree limb induced crash that sent one motor howling and overheating but with no change in appearance. After several flights and a few days it gave me that message. DJI replaced the motor and it's been go since. If you haven't had a rough landing or something, I don't know what has suddenly popped up to initiate the ESC error.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. DonWerner

Nope, landed the same way I always do, so no rough landings or anything. Well, I guess I'm in for a repair job then. The drone is only 4 months old, so luckly it's still under warranty.

4. Dronason

Are all your motors free to rotate and all in a similar way ? You can try to check if there is something in a motor. But the best is a repair under warranty.