ESC status error... help

Reaction score
I have this problem:
when i start the aircaft, everthing fine. But when i take-off, the error ESC like picture below.
Please tell me what happen?

[file]sssd|none[/file]

There are a lot of posts about this in the DJI forum. DJI support is telling everyone to send in their Phantoms for repair.

Ok, after 1 year and 500+ flights without any issues, I finally got esc error.
P3P with latest fw, RC with latest fw, go app 283. One year old, over 800 miles, no crashes.
Yesterday I was flying at the beach and noticed a sudden forward and down pitch on my p3p in the video as I was moving forward very slowly. It just didn't feel right so I landed it asap. Checked all motors etc. All was good, so I flew it a few more batteries. No errors were displayed on go app. View the log files all were good.
Today I flew it some more and on the last flight it started spinning at 200' up, so I gave it full throttle up and stopped the spin, as I was over a corn field with no danger to anyone I carried flying it to see if I could repeat the error, I gave it full forward stick and soon after it did the same thing. So I brought it back and checked the motors etc, again, no warning messages at all. I changed the battery and went to take off and I noticed one motor did not initiate and shortly after it shut down and I got esc error. Turned off and turned it back on, this time I got constant beeps together with esc error message. Shut it down and restarted again, this time all motors initiated with no error messages. I kept killing the motors and starting them about 10 times and it worked fine. I looked at the log in HD and noticed compass error at both occasions when I got the out of control spins, this leads me to believe that there is a problem with one of the motors as my compass readings are good. Probably the faulty motor was not turning at correct speed hence causing the spin. Since I don't trust the problem to be a one time gremlins type of error, I have grounded this one and am flying my other p3p till I figure out what is going on. I am thinking of replacing all motors. I believe the motors are soldered onto mb, correct?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The wires are soldered the the main board, yes.

From my description do you think its the motor? Since I got 800+ miles on them, it doesn't hurt to replace them anyways! I have the original motors that were shipped out when P3P came to the market, am I correct I thinking the newer motors will not work with the original esc?

Since a motor did not spin on startup, could be the motor OR the ESC circuit on the main board. Does the motor spin freely? And visible differences on that motor? Cheap enough to replace a motor, but you have to open the shell of course.

Motor spins fine, I opened the shell and I believe it was one of the screws from the "strong arm" that was just touching the plastic protector under the motor!!! I took off all the "strong arms" and put the original oem screws back in and fired it up several times without any error messages or motor malfunction. I believe the screws supplied for the "strong arm" are a tad too long and over a span of a year of tightening them gradually, it finally went too far!
I took off the camera and later this week will fly it and see if that in fact was the problem. From day one I thought they were too long but thought manufacturer must know better.
Will post in about a week after several tests.

Thanks

Reactions: HWCM
Update: still get esc errors on most start ups, erratic movements when it does start, I took off the gimbal and took it up to about 4 feet high over tall grass, very unstable, time to send it to dji. Will update when I hear from them

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl