esc question

Reaction score
I picked up a broken phantom V3 that needs 1 esc (no marks on esc) I ordered 4 new 2.1 esc's to replace all. My question is should I replace the motor wires to heaver wire or just leave the same wires and separate them? Thanks in advance

The wires should be ok.

Dont forget to note the wiring as its different on 2 esc to the other 2

> My question is should I replace the motor wires to heaver wire

The motor wires are simply a continuation of the solid strand wires of the motors themselves. They are covered with black, yellow and red heatshrink to identify the windings. It would serve no purpose to replace the wiring from the ESC board to the motor. More damage has been caused by the hot MOSFET chips melting the wires. Therefore, while you're in there, route the motor wires so they are not in direct contact with the six MOSFET chips. Nothing else on the ESC produces any significant heat.

As previously mentioned, take note of the wire colors. They are black, yellow, red on two ESCs and black, red, yellow on the other two. I would replace the ESCs and motors one at a time to ensure you get it right.

I replaced my ESCs with ver. 2.1 this weekend, and so far a couple of happy flights.

Paul

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj