ESC error

Reaction score
Hello, I have had my drone for 2 weeks now. Only flew it 3 times. Last week I put some propellar guards on it. I took it to fly that following day and I got an ESC error. Contact DJI. I call them and now I have to send it to them. I may just return it to the seller on Amazon. I don't even know if I want a replacement, it seems that DJI know about this issue because I am reading a lot of stories concerning this issue. I wish I would have known about this issue before I bought it. I am so discussted. Of do I go Phantom 4 Pro. I hear they have camera issues. Maybe Yuneec? How long would I have to wait to get my Phantom 3 Pro back from DJI fixed. I saw one review and it took them 8 weeks to get it back. Your thoughts on this.....

If you have the choice, return it to the seller, but please don't let that put you off from replacing it with another P3P. They are awesome machines, but just like any other machine, they do (rarely) have problems. Sure if your budget allows, go for the P4. One thing I will say, and this is just my opinion, I would not buy anything other than a DJI drone. In my eyes, they rule the market and they have awesome products. And no..... I did not just get paid to say this hehe.

While it maybe a coincidence it is, unfortunately, more likely you damaged the motor windings when fitting the prop guards. Did you by chance install the screws that came with the guards without the mounting plates? The guard screws are longer and will mechanically damage the motor windings if installed without the plates. This is a seemingly common problem and may only be resolved by replacing the motors.

Reactions: Oso
While it maybe a coincidence it is, unfortunately, more likely you damaged the motor windings when fitting the prop guards. Did you by chance install the screws that came with the guards without the mounting plates? The guard screws are longer and will mechanically damage the motor windings if installed without the plates. This is a seemingly common problem and may only be resolved by replacing the motors.
As I was reading his post, this is exactly the same thing I was thinking. It happens so often as you noted.

No, I installed them properly, I watched plenty of videos before I ordered them. Just not sure what happened. Thank you for replying.

If you have the choice, return it to the seller, but please don't let that put you off from replacing it with another P3P. They are awesome machines, but just like any other machine, they do (rarely) have problems. Sure if your budget allows, go for the P4. One thing I will say, and this is just my opinion, I would not buy anything other than a DJI drone. In my eyes, they rule the market and they have awesome products. And no..... I did not just get paid to say this hehe.

Okay, Thank you for your opinion. I will get the P4P. I haven't seen as many ESC errors with them.

Reactions: Solly747400

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl