ESC Card damaged

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I am new to this forum. I have the DJI Phantom 2 vision with the 3d Zenmuse. I was filming some stunning shots over a river when I clipped a small branch (gust of wind shifted the quadcopter and corrected to late) and it feel into the water. I have cleaned everything off dried it out and found one of the ESC boards was damaged. Replaced it. When I replaced it, it just flashed yellow fast. I then connected it to the computer and ran a firmware update after which the esc board that was flashing turned off. The other boards all show green. Any suggestions as to what to do next.

I would double check the soldering with a magnifying glass to make sure their are no "bridges" of solder in between wires on main board and motor connections. A little bit of solder "splash" can short the connections. If the soldering is clean, it could be a bad board. I'm sure you made a diagram of where the motor wires connect to the board before you un soldered the wires???????? You can verify wire location by checking the opposite motor arm, ("X" pattern) to see if they match. Unlike the earlier Phantoms, the P2V and P2V+ use DJI #7 ESCs. The only rotation designation is the way they are wired. Previous models had two separate ESCs, green and red.

Hope this helps!

Good luck.

Jim

Just replaced another ESC due to low motor rpm at idle AND with throttle, along with the motor being "weak", (very easy to stop and "stutters"), before starting up. The new ESC solved the problem AND now its light blinks green instead of yellow. The remaining "weak" motor still flashes yellow, so another ESC is on its way. The wet crash caused one ESC to completely fail and the other two ESCs were compromised but still functioned just enough to let the unit turn on and make motors spin, just not enough spin to match the other two motors. Definitely a dangerous situation! Thought I would share this info for anyone with similar problems.

Just replaced the final, third, ESC and all lights function as required. All motors have equal RPM and strength. Ran all the tests in the 3.0 version of the Assistant software, tuned the TX, and ready for a test flight.

I believe a water crash, under full speed, produces enough resistance to the motors, to cause problems with the ESC's. They are still trying to rotate with great difficulty, for how long, no one knows. At least until the battery shuts down. Not sure how ESC's respond to a sudden stop, as in a hard obstacle crash. Don't really want to know. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub