Error opening MP4: "The file may be damaged or may not be a file that is compatible with Quicktime"

Reaction score
I recorded 2 videos during a flight today. One was just fine but the other gave an error message " Error opening MP4: "The file may be damaged or may not be a file that is compatible with Quicktime"

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Or, how I can prevent it in the future. The P2V+ did RTH after a Low Battery warning .

Is it important to end the Video on the Vision App prior to shutting down the Phantom?

How can this be avoided?

Thanks

Larry

You need to stop the video recording before shutting down the Phantom. I believe if you reinstall the SD card and cycle power to the Phantom, it may fix the video so it can be viewed.

I was having the same error from time to time. I had a friend of mine tell me to download the images from the bird to the laptop. Use cord connected to the bird to the laptop and directly download it from the Phantom. I had errors like you described, and after linking the bird to the PC, I have had no problems, and at least 20 down loads from the camera. Let me know how it works out. Good luck. John

Larry, the 2 videos you shot, keep it on the memory card. Use the cord from the bird to the lap top down load your video. That is exactly what I did after the errors I received, and I was able to salvage all of my video. John

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj