Error "NOT a DJI Battery" HELP

Reaction score
I downloaded the latest firmware 1.05 for the Phantom Vision. Now, the Assistant tells me that the battery is not a DJI battery. It says the same thing on the camera app when I open it. It seems to be warming up, but will not start the motors. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance

edit: upon finding another update, along with firmware 1.05, all seems to be working now. Whew, I thought it was going to be another upgrade nightmar.

I received the same error message that you did on late Monday afternoon November 18. I did not find a newer update since 16 November. I called Trent at drone fly and he said he would get back to me on Tuesday, 19 November however I did not hear from him and it is now 20 November. Trent told me that he would send me an email yesterday since I was going to be out of town the entire day. I will send him an email this morning and follow up with a phone call when they open at 10 AM Pacific time today. Are there others that have had the same problem? This can become very frustrating, for sure.

This is the reply I got from DJI. Also, be sure you read the next thread which has a lot of info. When you open up NAZA with the Phantom attached, go to Info. There are two programs you need to download and install. (one concerns the remote controller, or the tx, it is the other two you need to download) Hopefully, after the two downloads, the battery problem will go away. Also, clean the battery pins, both on the Phantom and the battery itself. Clean the little round pins on the battery. Hope that helps.

"Dear Chuck,

Please upgrade the firmware for the main board(Phantom 2 Vision Central Board ) of Phantom 2 Vision together with the firmware of Main controller."

Billbo said:
I received the same error message that you did on late Monday afternoon November 18. I did not find a newer update since 16 November. I called Trent at drone fly and he said he would get back to me on Tuesday, 19 November however I did not hear from him and it is now 20 November. Trent told me that he would send me an email yesterday since I was going to be out of town the entire day. I will send him an email this morning and follow up with a phone call when they open at 10 AM Pacific time today. Are there others that have had the same problem? This can become very frustrating, for sure.

I just called at 11:00am MST and I was told that Trent is "out of the office for the rest of the week". JT said that he will call Trent and told me to wait a couple of hours for Trent to respond. I then told him that it is really not a technical problem. I followed the instructions in step 13.1 of the P2V User Manual v1.04 perfectly. I then asked couldn't someone else help with this problem? No, "we don't have the manual memorized... Just wait for Trent to contact you"

I am sure there are many more with this same problem... My next step if I don't have a satisfactory result will be to submit a report to DJI.com.

Billbo said:
Billbo said:

I just called at 11:00am MST and I was told that Trent is "out of the office for the rest of the week". JT said that he will call Trent and told me to wait a couple of hours for Trent to respond. I then told him that it is really not a technical problem. I followed the instructions in step 13.1 of the P2V User Manual v1.04 perfectly. I then asked couldn't someone else help with this problem? No, "we don't have the manual memorized... Just wait for Trent to contact you"

I am sure there are many more with this same problem... My next step if I don't have a satisfactory result will be to submit a report to DJI.com.

When I contacted drone fly they said that a member of their support team would call me in the afternoon of November 20. In response I received a call and also a PDF document clarifying the steps and the sequence that needed to be done in order to properly complete the software and firmware updates. I had not performed the instructions according to the P2V user manual perfectly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20